skatoolaki ADMIN June 3, 2008
Welcome to Louisiana Cemeteries, where we showcase the unique burial customs and graves of a state brimming with rich, cultural history.
|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|New Group: New Orleans Cemeteries||RPhotos2008PRO||0||RPhotos2008||6 years ago|
|Photo requests Lake Lawn Cemetery, Metarie, Jefferson Parish||louisianacemeteries||2||louisianacemeteries||7 years ago|
Group DescriptionWith our "cities of the dead", above-ground graves, and "oven" vaults, Louisiana has a unique and often mysterious menagerie of graveyards, cemeteries, and mausoleums not found anywhere else in the world.
This group was created to showcase them all - the mundane and unusual burial grounds and graves of Louisiana.
Group RulesJust a few rules, nothing too hard to follow:
1) Photos must be of a cemetery or grave in Louisiana; photos from other locations are not allowed. There are other groups to add your cemetery/grave pics, but this one is just for those in the State of Louisiana.
2) Though not required, please try and list where the photo was taken in its description (cemetery name, parish and/or city or closest location if possible) so others might venture out to have a first-hand look if they so choose.
3) Photoshopping of photos is ok - photographs do not have to be original snapped shots; filtering, lighting, & any other graphic-altering is allowed.
4) Photos must be taken by you. If the shot is taken by someone else, please get permission before submitting it and include the original photographer/artist's name in the picture's description.
5) Statue shots and grave decoration photos are allowed. The photograph doesn't have to be of a particular grave or cemetery; people often leave interesting things on graves and these sometimes make interesting photos themselves.
6) Not sure if your photo can be included? As long as its in a cemetery or has to do with a grave/memorial (and is in Louisiana), its allowed.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe, Moderate