Do you love photographing science, environment and nature in Northern California? Would you like to collaborate on a 2-minute QUEST TV short about your photography for an audience of over 100,000 viewers?
We've got an ongoing call for submissions for our ongoing series of TV shorts, "YPOQ: Your Photos on QUEST." These are broadcast alongside our feature stories.
We're looking for more than stunning nature photography. We seek to collaborate with a local photographer from our QUEST flickr groups who is inspired by science, environment and nature in Northern California, and uses innovative approaches to express their unique vision of our region.
Previous winners include flickr community members Cris Benton and John Albers-Mead.
Although we can only broadcast one photographer's work on the air at a time, we also plan to feature selected submissions on the KQED QUEST Community Science Blog.
* You must be an individual (no group submissions)
* You must be a current Flickr user in good standing
* You're a resident of Northern California - loosely defined as spanning the region from Mendocino to Monterey counties (N to S) and Sacramento to Santa Clara counties (E - W). This is the coverage area of our show.
* Be able to make available about 50 images as source material (2 minutes moves fast!)
* If selected, you'll need to sign a materials release specifically for the QUEST TV show, web presence, blog and the promotion thereof (see fine print below).
* If you are under 18, you may submit; but if selected, we'll require a signed consent form from a parent or guardian.
* Be available for an in-person audio interview and photo review/selection with a QUEST TV producer & audio engineer, either at the KQED studios in San Francisco, or other agreed-upon location, for 1/2 day.
How to Submit
* 1 entry per person
* Original photographic work only
* 1920 x 1080 minimum resolution (higher is better)
* Create a set that best represents your submission, and tag all images with: 'YPOQ'
* Add a 100-word description to your set telling us about your creative and technical process, and why you'd like us to consider your work
* Add your YPOQ set URL and a brief introduction to the YPOQ Submissions discussion topic.
* If you submitted for YPOQ before, your entry is automatically eligible for consideration in future YPOQ segments. You may also submit a new or updated set. Just let us know.
We'd also like you to make KQED QUEST a contact, though it's not required.
* You will retain the rights to your original work.
* Rights clearances: in order to make the TV piece and promote it, KQED will need you to grant rights to recordings and derivative works for use in connection with QUEST. We won't do anything else without asking you first.
* This not a paid commission, but a collaboration. As a result KQED is unable to cover costs (e.g. travel & time, prints / processing, royalties)
* The choice of photographer is solely at the discretion of KQED.
* The producer's & editor's decisions are final regarding all aspects of the finished video work.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing your submissions!
KQED QUEST Team
Originally posted at 9:47AM, 11 May 2009 PDT
kqedquest edited this topic 59 months ago.