Group DescriptionA place where anyone can share their Scilly photos of wildlife, flowers, birds, archaeology, the landscape and seascape - We look forward to seeing your photos.
To find out about The Isles of Scilly Wildlife Trust please visit our website.
Group RulesWildlife photography Code of Conduct
Remember when taking photographs or video of wildlife that the welfare of the subject is more important than the image.
Here are a few key points to remember:
- Always photograph animals and birds from a safe and respectable distance
- If they show any sign of stress move further back or leave altogether
- Be patient and never force an animal or bird to do something. Remember that the effect of many people is cumulative: you might be the 100th person that day to disturb the subject
- Never encroach on nests or dens during the breeding season
- Treat the habitat with the same regard that you have for the animals themselves
- Check published recommendations such as the excellent code produced by the
Nature Group of the Royal Photographic Society www.rpsnaturegroup.com
- Many species are legally protected. The Law as it affects nature photography must be observed. For Great Britain the main legislation is listed at www.rpsnaturegroup.com
- Finally always be honest and truthful when captioning your images
Images submited here may be used on the Isles of Scilly Wildlife Trust website, www.ios-wildlifetrust.org.uk, to promote wildlife conservation. By posting your pictures in this group you agree to let this happen (though copyright remains with you at all times). Please do not add images if you don't want them used in this way.
Photographs will be added to this group at the discretion of the administrator. Any photograph that doesn't follow the above Code of Conduct will not be added.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe