Group DescriptionThink you know London? See if you can identify the location of any of the photos in the GWL pool. You can also play at our sister site on www.ipernity.com/group/guesswherelondon
Try bitwix's GWL flickr tagr or grepnold's You Guessed Me thread searcher to see if your subject has already appeared in the pool
• Once guessed, please add your picture to the You Guessed Me thread - follow the easy instructions at the top of the thread. Alternatively, use grepnold's YGM adder button. If you do not remove guessed photos promptly, the admins will remove them from the group.
• If your photo remains unguessed for a while please also remove it from the pool and post a record of it. Go to the Graveyard of the Unguessed thread. Again, if your unguessed photos loiter too long in the pool the admins will post a reminder comment, and then remove them from the group.
• Please respond to people's guesses whether they are right or not. If comments go unanswered, your photo will be removed, so try not to post if you know you're off on holiday.
• Please offer clues after a few wrong guesses, or a few days' inactivity on your shot. These may be geographical, cryptic, or photographic (in the form of wider crops, adjacent buildings, etc) or any other form of clue.
• There is no such thing as cheating - members may use all means, fair or foul, to get the guess.
WHAT NOT TO POST
• Iconic London landmarks.
• Photos with no guessable content. There should be enough detail to pinpoint the photo to a unique location.
• Photos with location data in the tags, titles, captions, sets or groups, or visible in street signs or on buildings in the photo itself.
Any photos in these categories will be removed from the group immediately. Batches of photos including photos in these categories will also be removed, even if individual photos are appropriate. Examples of unacceptable photos can be found here.
• Don’t worry unduly about whether your shot has made a prior appearance, although you might want to check the latest page or so of the You Guessed Me thread, and the Hall of Fame.
• Locations should be within travelcard zones 1-6, and should be easily accessible to the general public. This can include paying locations such as theatres, museums and galleries.
• Colour or B/W images are welcomed. While graphical manipulation to improve image quality or framing is acceptable, photos that have been altered to present a view not found in real life will be removed from the pool. It is acceptable to obscure giveaway street signs or phone numbers, etc.
• Please DO NOT post your photo to any other comment groups (such as 123, I Want 5, 1 on 1, Delete Me), or to London Borough groups etc while it is still being guessed. Please post your photo to no more than 5 other groups while the photo is in the pool. You can add it to other groups AFTER it has been guessed and removed from the pool.
• If you guess a photo, please post one of your own for others to guess.
An experimental Twitter feed is now operating for those that want updating when new photos are added to the pool twitter.com/GuessLondon
Most of all, have fun, and try to play the game with due consideration for other group members.
Group Rules"Guess Where London" is, quite simply, a game where you will post cryptic shots of London locations, and other group members will try to guess the location. In return, you will try to guess the location of their shots.
Please follow these rules:
1. The pool is for unguessed photos only. Once your photo has been guessed, you should remove it and record the location and guesser in the "You Guessed Me" thread.
2. If your photo remains unguessed for a while please also remove it from the pool and post a record of it in the "Graveyard of the Unguessed" thread.
3. Please respond to people's guesses whether they are right or not.
4. Please offer clues after a few wrong guesses, or a few days' inactivity on your shot.
5. Please do not post iconic London landmarks, photos with no guessable content, or photos with location data in the tags, titles, captions, sets or groups, or visible in street signs or on buildings in the photo itself.
6. Please DO NOT post your photo to more than 5 other groups, or to any comment groups while it is still being guessed.
7. There is no such thing as cheating - members may use all means, fair or foul, to get the guess.
For more detailed instructions, please see our front page and our discussion threads.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 5 things to the pool.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe