Group DescriptionWe're DeSmogBlog, a website dedicated to clearing the PR pollution that clouds climate change. We promote scientific facts about global warming, and aspire to debunk climate change deniers.
And we're having a photo contest!
The challenge is simple: take the greenest photo ever.
What does that mean? Whatever you want it to.
It can be literally a really green photo (but not of a green dress, that's cruel). Or it can be a metaphorically green photo, whether that's ecological or 'green with envy' or any other angle you can think of. In short, be creative!
1) Submit your greenest photo to our Flickr photo group by October 1, 2007.
2) Five finalists will be chosen based on the most 'favourited' photos. Only 'favourites' processed during the contest will count, so past popularity of photos doesn't matter.
3) We'll feature the five finalist over at DeSmogBlog. A jury of eco-bloggers will choose the winner.
Some Rules and Such:
1) You can submit as many photos as you like.
2) You're welcome to either take a brand new photo, or submit an older photo from your Flickr account.
3) Submitted photos must abide by Flickr's Group Guidelines.
4) Don't know how to submit a photo to a group? Find out how.
Future Shop has kindly donated a Sony Cybershot DSC-S600 6MP camera as a first prize. There will be two runner-up prizes of $100 Amazon or iTunes gift certificates.
-------------------------copy between the lines----------------------
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe