New features :
- New command '-frame_painting' and its associated plug-in entry 'Arrays & Frames / Painting frame', which adds a new kind of frame around selected images :
- New command '-gaussians3d', transform a 3d object as a set of gaussian-shaped transparent 3d sprites. Very useful to visualize density clouds from point clouds. Here's an exemple of color distribution displayed this way :
- New filter 'Colors / Lomo' in the plug-in for GIMP, which simulates a Lomo effect :
Improvements / Modifications :
- Slightly improved the support of big images for few comparison operators.
- Command '-colorcube3d' now generates a filled cube instead of a wireframe one.
- Improved the presentation of the image results in the reference documentation.
- Command '-append_tiles' has now automatic modes that create tiled images in a horizontal or vertical orientation.
- As OpenCV libraries are causing some troubles (library names have been changed recently, and some packages has the old names while others have the new ones), I disable the OpenCV-based features in Debian-packaged versions of G'MIC. It will be re-activated when every Debian-based distros will use the new names (OpenCV is only used to access the webcam stream, in G'MIC).
- Command '-balls3d' has been removed.
- Command '-elevation3d' has been slightly modified. When passing a 'formula' as an argument, the elevation is performed on the selected image, instead of building a new 3d object.
- Command '-colors3d' can now take one or two arguments only, respectively the level of gray, or the R,G[,0] components of the 3d object.
- Improved command '-file_rand' so that simultaneous calls to 'gmic' do not generate same filenames.
- Reorganized a little bit the filter tree for the GIMP plug-in.
Bug corrections :
- Patched the CImg library so that keeping a key pressed over a display window won't generate 'KeyRelease' events. Thanks to Jerome for pointing this out to me !
- Corrected command '-display_histogram', so that a min value can be specified for the histogram computation.
- Corrected command '-elevation3d' when invoked without arguments.
- Corrected command '-polygon'. Wrong coordinates were considered when using a '%' in the arguments list.
The image transformation shown below has been entirely generated using G'MIC operators :)
Originally posted at 3:00AM, 25 May 2012 PDT
Ronounours edited this topic 53 months ago.