Group DescriptionThe group is for discussing tips and methods of adding "geotags" aka location metadata to flickr images, Discussing locations on the geobloggers map worth checking out, Discussing the Geobloggers.com website and features etc.
Useful GeoTagging Tools
* In case you missed the announcements or the extra links around the Flickr website, Flickr now supports geotagging your images directly in the website without the need for any extra add-ons. You can read more about the new built in GeoTaggging and Geo Viewing tools here.
* Greasemonkey :- A requirement for a number of GeoTagging tools
* Firefox - Cool Web Browser required by GreaseMonkey
* maps.yuan.cc/ - flickr.com/photos/ckyuan's web application, a mashup of Google Maps and various APIs and XML sources. It allows you to geotag your Flickr photos and send to geotagged groups directly. It is also a geotagged viewer that can display everyone's geotagged photos.
* loc.alize.us A cool new GeoTagged image viewing website + GeoCode within Flickr A neat GeoTagging Bookmarklet by Aemkei
* Picassa Web Albums is the latest beta version of Picassa, Google's image management software, which now supports geotagging your photos via Google Earth. More Info
* EXIF "stamping" software, that embeds the geo coordinate information directly into the images themselves. Very useful if you have a GPS device. Examples include RoboGEO, WMMX Stamper and Importr (BTW WMMX Stamper works with or or without a GPS device)
* FlickrFly , RobRoyAus's cool application, lets you add a link on your photo pages, that lets a user fly to the location the photo was taken in Google Earth.
* flyr is a cool tool that allows you to search the Flickr image site for keywords in text, titles, tags and descriptions... pretty much anything that is searchable within the Flickr site! Dubbed "Flyr", your search results can be displayed as regular Flickr image results, plotted onto a Google Map or even opened up as an overlay in Google Earth.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 3 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe