Join the group to start a discussion!
Paper Crafts proudly presents Gallery Idol 2013 (May 6 - June 28, 2013)
Starting May 6, we'll be holding Open Auditions for Season Seven. The theme for the Open Auditions round will be birthday cards for kids and teens. You may upload up to three cards. We will not consider any tags, gift bags, or other items; only cards will be considered.
To participate, post your original designs here between now and May 27. On Friday, May 31, we’ll announce the top 20 finalists and the next round’s theme. Before you decide to participate, please review the timeline and full rules below to make sure you can meet the scheduled requirements and are eligible to win prizes. Season Seven is open to contestants from previous Gallery Idol competitions – except for last year’s grand prize winner.
The Paper Crafts Team
Gallery Idol 2013 Timeline:
•Monday, May 6 – Monday, May 27: Open auditions
•Friday, May 31: Top 20 finalists announced and given round 2 theme
•Monday, June 3 by 9 am: 2nd round submissions posted
•Monday, June 3 at noon – Thursday, June 6 at noon: voting
•Friday, June 7: Top 15 finalists announced and given round 3 theme
•Monday, June 10 by 9 am: 3rd round submissions posted
•Monday, June 10 at noon – Thursday, June 13 at noon: voting
•Friday, June 14: Top 10 finalists announced and given round 4 theme
•Monday, June 17 by 9 am: 4th round submissions posted
•Monday, June 17 at noon – Thursday, June 20th at noon: voting
•Friday, June 21: Top 5 finalists announced and given round 5 theme
•Monday, June 24 by 9 am: 5th round submissions posted
•Monday, June 24 at noon – Thursday, June 27 at noon: voting
•Friday, June 28: 2013 Gallery Idol winner announced!
2013 Gallery Idol Contest - Official Rules
1. The 2013 Gallery Idol Contest (“Contest”) is open to participants living worldwide, including contributors to Paper Crafts magazine and winners of previous contests sponsored by Paper Crafts magazine, except the previous grand prize winner of the 2012 Gallery Idol Contest. Winners in any round who do not have a U.S. shipping address for prize shipments will not receive the prize(s), however will continue to advance to subsequent rounds of the Contest. A grand prize Winner living outside the U.S. is responsible for the airfare and transfer costs to a U.S. city if the grand prize is claimed. Entrants under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter this Contest.
By entering the Contest, entrants (and if under age 18, their parents/legal guardians) agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these official rules (“Official Rules”). This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Employees of Paper Crafts magazine (“Sponsor” or “Paper Crafts”), Creative Crafts Group, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Creative Crafts Group”), their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to enter. The Contest begins 5/6/13 and ends 6/28/13.
2. Contestants may submit up to three cards during the open audition round (birthday cards for kids and teens, May 6 - 27, 2013). The Paper Crafts editorial staff will determine the 20 participants from the open audition round who will advance to the first round. Cards will be evaluated on overall appearance, creativity, execution, and conformity to theme. For all subsequent rounds, the participants will be asked to make at least one (1) new card for each round to which they advance. Online viewers will then pick the winners of the subsequent rounds via voting. In addition to the 20 winners selected during the open audition round, there will be 15 winners for Round 1, 10 winners for Round 2 and five winners for Round 3. There will be one grand prize winner.
3. Once the Top 20 participants in the open audition round are selected and enter round 1, entries cannot currently be or have ever been posted in any online forum, submitted to Paper Crafts or any other magazine, created for a specific manufacturer, or entered in any other Contest.
4. The entrant must be the author of all entries submitted, except as otherwise provided. Entries must also be original to the author and exclusive of any material created by a third party or otherwise aided by a third party. However, photographs taken by someone other than the entrant may be used if clearly marked with the following statement next to the Entry: “Photo(s) not taken by entrant.” All photo editing must be work that is original to the entrant.
If the voting results in a tie, tied entries will be assessed by the Paper Crafts editorial staff. If the assessment does not break the tie, the tied entries will be treated equally as either Winners or eliminated participants.
Winners will be notified on the Paper Crafts magazine web site (www.papercraftsmag.com) and/or blog (www.papercraftsconnection.com) on 5/31/13 (open auditions), 6/07/13 (round 1), 6/14/13 (round 2), 6/21/13 (round 3), and 6/28/13 (grand prize). To obtain a list of Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after 6/28/13 to Paper Crafts magazine, Gallery Idol 2013 Winners Request, 14850 Pony Express Road, Suite 200, Bluffdale, UT 84065.
6. All entries and requests become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, or any portion thereof. Entry constitutes permission to use the Winners’ name, picture, likeness, entry, or any portion thereof, and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
Submission of entry constitutes entrant’s consent (or that of their parent/legal guardian) to irrevocably assign to Sponsor any and all rights to entry including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. The entrant represents and warrants that he/she holds the necessary rights to irrevocably assign all rights in the entry, including necessary rights related to copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, music, images or other proprietary or property right, or any other right of any person or entity and that the entry does not infringe on any third-party rights. (DO NOT COPY THE WORKS OF OTHERS OR INCLUDE OTHER PERSONS OR THEIR PROPERTY IN YOUR ENTRY WITHOUT FIRST OBTAINING THEIR WRITTEN CONSENT.) Submission of any entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, produce, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the entry in any way and in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify Paper Crafts and Creative Crafts Group (collectively, “PC”) and shall defend PC against, and hold PC harmless from, all claims, liabilities and obligations (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) (“Claims”) brought by a third party against PC arising out of the infringement or misappropriation of any copyrights, trade secrets, or trademarks of any third party. PC agrees to provide entrant with prompt written notice upon becoming aware of any such claim. Entrant shall undertake and conduct the defense of any such claim and PC shall reasonably cooperate with entrant in the defense of such claim. Entrant shall reimburse PC for all reasonable out-of-pocket costs incurred by PC in connection with such cooperation. PC shall have the right to participate in any action at its own expense.
7. The Winners (or the parent/guardian if Winner is a minor) will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, compliance with Contest rules and release of liability. All Winners will also be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement, if applicable, until their names and entries are released to the public by Paper Crafts.
8. All entrants release Sponsors, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, shareholders, representatives, successors, assigns, licensees, employees, and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind, including any personal injury, death, loss or damage of any kind or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of the Prize awarded whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
Use of Sponsor’s web site is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor is not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to entrant’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Sponsor’s website or the download of any information from Sponsor’s website.
Entrant further agrees that all rights under Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States, are hereby expressly waived. That section, in pertinent part, provides: “A general release does not extend to claims which the Creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of the executing of this release, which if known by him must materially affect his settlement with the debtor.” Any dispute shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action.
9. Prizes must be claimed by 9/04/13. Failure to execute and return any requested document within fourteen (14) days of postmark, or return of notification or Prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of Prize. An alternate potential winner may be selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the Winners.
11. U.S. entrants:
(i) If you are a legal resident in the United States and are under the applicable age of majority, then your parent or legal guardian must also print their name and sign the back of each submission below your signature. They will also be required to provide parental permission and releases on your behalf. U.S. Winners (or the parent/guardian if a minor) will be required to execute an affidavit attesting to entry eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules, and release of liability as may be applicable.
12. Online entries for the open auditions round must be posted in the assigned Paper Crafts gallery by no later than 11:59 p.m. MDT on Monday, 5/27/13. Subsequent rounds’ entries will be due by 9:00 a.m. MDT on Monday, 6/3/2013, 6/10/2013, 6/17/2013, and 6/24/2013. Any entries not received as outlined above will not be eligible for the Gallery Idol 2013 Contest (no exceptions). Paper Crafts cannot accept late entries due to technical errors or power outages.
13. Entries that do not follow the prescribed entry requirement or that do not follow the Official Rules will automatically be disqualified from the Gallery Idol 2013 Contest, although the entries may be eligible for use by Paper Crafts in its publications. Disqualified Winners will be required to return the Winner’s Prize Package to Sponsor and give up all rights as a Winner, including the opportunity to be published in Paper Crafts magazine. In the event that a winning entrant is disqualified after the announcement of Winners is made, his or her position as a winner may not be filled, at Paper Crafts’ sole discretion.
14. The Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the state of Utah.
- Members can post 3 things to the pool.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe