Group DescriptionYay! During Photomonth 2008, London’s largest photography festival, the Flickr community have been given the opportunity to display photos in the Photomonth Photo-Open exhibition at the Dray Walk Gallery, Old Truman Brewery during 29th October – 9th November 2008.
We’re very excited to be supporting this year’s Photomonth Photo-Open, particularly as the aim of the exhibition is to be as open as possible to all kinds of photographers, subjects and approaches.
The theme of ‘Freedom’ has been chosen for this group, as it’s the first year that global submissions are invited to be displayed at Photomonth. We hope you’ll step up to the challenge! If you need a little inspiration, why not have a think about what ‘freedom’ means to you, take a look at the freedom clusters on Flickr (there’s over 100,000 photos tagged with ‘freedom’ on Flickr already!).
The photos that you upload to the Freedom 2008 Group between now and October 10th have the chance to be shown at this year’s Photomonth Photo-Open exhibition (more details to follow). Be sure you read the Group Rules before joining.
Some things to keep in mind before you submit your photos:
-We’d love it if you could tag and geotag your photos, to show us what city they were taken in?
-Try and show us your own personal take on things, don’t be scared to be different.
Group RulesWhy rules?
Photos posted to this group may be displayed by Flickr at the Photomonth Photo-Open exhibition, so we need to make sure that we have your permission to do so. Please read the rules carefully before joining the group.
The Freedom 2008 (the ‘Group’) Rules
1. By adding your photo to the Group, you represent and warrant that your submitted photo is:
(a) consistent with the Flickr Community Guidelines,
(b) an original work
(c) free from any third party rights, in particular that it shall not under no circumstance constitute, whether entirely or in parts, any infringement upon the intellectual property rights of third parties, and that any persons depicted in your photo have consented to the distribution, publication and display of the photo with no remuneration of any kind being payable to them.
This shall also apply if the photo is used for promotional purposes in connection with the promotion of the "Freedom 2008" Group or the exhibition of photos from this group at the Photomonth Photo-Open exhibit booth at the Dray Walk Gallery, London - October 29th – November 9th, 2008.
2. Further, by adding your photo to the Group, you provide the Flickr (a division of Yahoo! Inc. “we”, “us”) with a limited, non-exclusive, irrevocable, sub-licensable, worldwide, royalty-free license (but not the obligation), which license is effective until November 10th, 2008, to use, copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display and create derivative works of, and copy, distribute, publicly perform and publicly display such derivative works of, your photo solely in connection with the inclusion of your photo in activities related to: (a) the promotion of the “Freedom 2008” group on the Photomonth website. (b) the exhibition of photos from this group at the Photomonth Photo-Open at The Dray Walk Gallery, London from October 29th – November 9th, 2008 without any further notice or remuneration to you.
The rights shall be applied to digital and electronic media, including media such as hardcopies, magnetic tapes, floppy disks, CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs, hard disks, computers and servers, and the Internet.
3. Your Flickr member name will appear with your photo, except in the case your photo is featured on the Photomonth website where you will receive attribution via a link back to your original photograph on Flickr.
4. We shall not be obliged to display photographs and shall not be liable for any entrant’s loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation. The Organizers also reserve the right to cancel the Exhibition and/or project if deemed necessary at any stage.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe