Don't Call Me Betsy ADMIN March 22, 2012
Thanks for participating in Round 2! Remember: Please be sure to comment in the Received thread when you have received your package, and be sure to email or Flickr mail your partner to say thank you!
Group DescriptionDo you love solids? Do you wax philosophical about which manufacturer makes your favorite solids? Do you love fresh, modern designs? Then this group is for you!
Group RulesAs a member of this group...
1. You must be an active member in the Flickr sewing community. You must have recent sewing/quilting pictures in your photostream. You must belong to or be involved in at least one other swap that is on Flickr (quilting bees, other swaps, fabric trades, etc). We WILL be checking every person out to make sure that this group is held to a high standard of swappers.
2. You must adhere to mailing deadlines. If something comes up (as we know can happen) please let us know as far in advance as you can so we can work something out. Mailing deadline is September 15th, 2011.
3. You must stay active in this group! We will have periodic check-ins that you'll have to answer to in order to get your package shipped to you. We will also be asking questions throughout the swap to help you get to know your partner - and your fellow swappers! - better. It's much more fun to be a part of an active, chatty swap!
4. We aren't going to tell you exactly which manufacturers' solid fabrics to use - but we do need to say that the standard is quilt shop quality fabrics for all projects. This may mean you need to purchase a small amount of new fabrics for this swap if you don't already own something that could work for your partner's preferences. Consider if you'd be happy to receive the fabric used in the swap item made for you.
5. You must upload pictures of your work in progress. Fabric stacks, works being pieced, etc. Nothing is worse than a swapper that joins a group, never to be heard from again, even if they do send out a package. We want to be involved in the process!
6. Within the group, you will find a thread about the expectations of what you should send for your partner.
7. What is modern? - Modern means a lot of different things, but for the purpose of this swap, modern is someone who thinks outside the box, isn't afraid to experiment, puts a twist on the traditional but doesn't ignore it, isn't obsessed with perfectionism, uses fresh fabric and color combinations, is connected online (Twitter, Blogging, Flickr, etc) and is active in the sewing online community.
8. Once you become a part of the group, make your inspiration mosaic - share some of your favorite solids projects and/or ideas for what you might like to see your partner make you. Like pillows? Add some to your mosaic! Hoping for a mini-quilt to decorate your sewing room? Show your partner a few you have liked!
Agree to all of the above? Then click on the I agree button and join in the fun!
Note: Please do not upload photos to this group that are not items being made in the swap. Photos that are not swap items will be removed.
- Members can post 6 things to the pool each week.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe