Group DescriptionThis is a group for anyone who has read posts in my free online photography class, An Open-Ended Course in Photography. All are welcome to join, from beginners to the most advanced pro.
Any photo you post in here is fair game for critique. In fact, that's the whole point. And I personally will critique every photo submitted, at least as long as the place is not overrun. All members are free to critique any photo submitted.
You are encouraged to complete the assignments on the class blog and to submit them to the group. When you do this, you can also post a reply in the relevant thread with a small version of your picture so everyone that has completed the assignment can critique your work.
- Be courteous. Don't insult anyone, and if someone posts pictures of their family and friends don't insult the way they look. This is not to say that you should hold back on your critiques. If there's a problem with the photo itself, say it! Tear it down! That's the way we learn.
Critique the photograph, not the photographer.
- Don't post too many pictures in one day. This will be most beneficial for everyone if the group is about critiquing the work of all the members, not just your work. There are no hard and fast rules here, but be courteous.
- Have a thick skin. If you really like your photos, and someone doesn't like something about it, take it in stride. Learn from it. If you already know everything, and your photos are always perfect, then why are you here?
- Participate. This is not a rule that I can enforce with lurkers. You may learn a lot from lurking, and that's fine. But if you submit your photos for critique, I want to see you critiquing the work of others as well. You will benefit from critiquing others' work as much as you benefit from critiques of your own. Plus, it's only fair.
- Banning is at my sole discretion. If I think you have the wrong attitude, or you keep breaking the rules, you will be banned.
- Have fun. This is pretty self-explanatory.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe