Group DescriptionThis group is for people of all skill levels to showcase their portrait photography that they are most proud of and to discuss portrait photography and other related issues in the genre. You don't have to be a "professional" or even a great photorapher to take a nice portrait that you really like.
Feel free to create discussion threads related to the theme, or threads where members can post more specific themes of portraits such as "Female Portraiture", etc.
Now....here are the rules that I would like all members to stick to....
1. Photograph must be a portrait and the subject's face should be recognizable.
2. You must have taken the image yourself, unless the image is of you.
3. Please don't post images of pets or any other kind of animals in the group pool unless it is a portrait of a human being with the pet.(I intend to create a seperate discussion thread where people can post pet portraits)
4. No common "snapshot" type of images unless the image goes beyond being just a snapshot and makes a nice portrait. I know that this can be hard for people to determine. If I think a photo just doesn't fit I'll delete it, but don't take any offense by that.
5. No full frontal nude shots depicting genitals. This is to be in accordance with Flickr's Community Guidelines for Public Groups. You may post nudes that don't show full frontal nudity, but the image must be a portrait and not just a naked body.
6. Do not create discussion threads to advertise other groups.
7. Keep written text in the body of any images to an absolute minimum. Subtle watermarks are ok, but images with website addresses on them will be deleted.
8. Only PHOTOGRAPHIC Portraits. Please don't submit other types of artwork. There is a discussion thread where you can post non-photographic images if you would like.
Please invite anyone to join the group if you think it would interest them.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 12 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe, Moderate