This group discussion is for members only.
Group Description*Are you looking for Facing AIDS for World AIDS Day 2011? Facing AIDS has moved from Flickr to facing.aids.gov. On the page, simply click the "Add a Photo" button to upload your photo(s) to the Facing AIDS 2011 gallery. That's where you can browse other people's photos too. Thank you for your interest and for participating in Facing AIDS.
Over 1.1 million Americans are living with HIV. One out of every five people living with HIV do not know they have HIV. If we all put our faces to AIDS we can help reduce the stigma surrounding HIV and AIDS, and promote HIV testing.
Looking for a simple, powerful, engaging way to take action for World AIDS Day (December 1)?
Join AIDS.gov in Facing AIDS for World AIDS Day. Facing AIDS is an opportunity to share photos and messages in response to HIV. Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Download a sign [pdf] and share your message about why you’re Facing AIDS.
Step 2: Take a photo with your sign and upload it to this Facing AIDS Flickr group! New to Flickr? Check out our blog post on how to join Flickr, upload photos, and become a member of a group.
Step 3: Share your photo with your family and friends via Twitter, Facebook , MySpace , and other sites on or before December 1, 2010.
Want to organize a Facing AIDS photo event in your community?
Here are some tools you can download to help plan your event.
* Facing AIDS "how-to" guide including a step-by-step plan [pdf]
* Facing AIDS postcard [pdf]
Sharing HIV testing information for World AIDS Day and beyond
Throughout your event and when you upload the photos to your website, remind people that they can locate their local HIV testing sites by sending a text message to "KNOWIT" (566489) or by visiting www.AIDS.gov/locator for HIV prevention and service provider information.
Let us know how YOU are Facing AIDS in your community!
* Direct message us on: www.twitter.com/AIDSgov
* Post a note on our Facebook wall: www.facebook.com/AIDSgov
* Leave a comment on our blog: blog.AIDS.gov
Group RulesThank you for joining the Facing AIDS for World AIDS Day 2010 group.
By sharing your photograph with this group, you agree to these Group Rules and agree to abide by the Flickr Community Guidelines.
* This is a moderated group—we will review all photos before posting them.
* We expect that members will treat each other with respect.
* We will not post photos that contain vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive images or terms that target specific individuals or groups.
* We will not post photos and will delete comments that are outside the scope of this group or that promote services or products.
Please note: by uploading your photo to this group, you are giving AIDS.gov permission to use these photos in any AIDS.gov materials (web, video, print, or other).
We encourage you to title your photo using the language from your "Facing AIDS" sign and to tag the photo with "HIV", "Facing AIDS", "World AIDS Day"-- this helps people to find your photos on Flickr.
Thanks again for your support,
The AIDS.gov Team
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe