Group DescriptionOur Turn-On criteria:
Is it groo-vy? Does your mind get wiggly looking at it? Can you dig it?
Is it psychedelic, transcendent, utopic, eco-friendly, Brit Mod, Big Eye, trippy-hippy alternative, faux hippie nouveau or like?
Does it glow under black lights? If I licked it would I feel a new dimension opening under my feet? Do I feel spun around now?
Follow this checklist for submissions:
1. Is it trippy? Visual trippy is valued far more highly than narrative content trippy. Because think about it: a lot of Dick and Jane books could be in this pool as they can be quite odd. If it is not groovy, weird or mindbending don't submit it.
2. Submissions are acceptable ONLY come from this time period: the early 60's to the late 70's.
3. Kid friendly kid's books.
Got it? If you are still unsure, just take a look at previous submissions. Books and assorted print material are acceptable. Remember just because your book comes from the 60's that is not reason enough to jump into this pool.
Turn-offs: Books printed in 1985, most Disney (not alternative enough and I have had enough of it), Barbie, Holly Hobbie (not groovy enough), Dick & Jane, overtly twee syrupy sweet stuff.
We will freely admit to being discriminating editor types from NEW YORK CITY who willingly embrace choice material and scorch bad fits for the benefit of all. Occasionally, we may go overboard and toss your beloved photo in an impulsive heavily righteous squash-your-expressive-free-creativity Bad Trip kind of way. Please don't take it to heart, we welcome your participation. Peace, Love and Happiness to all you flickr bods out there in our shared cosmos.
Other excellent, view-worthy pools to submit to, if your work does not fit here:
• "Vintage Children's Books",
• Wardomatic's "RetroKid" (continual eternal thanks to ward for inspiring this pool),
* Mid-century Illustrated
• and a new favorite: the just introduced "Kid's Records".
fav illustrators: our mother; Tove Jansson, our father; Ed Emberely, our cousins; Richard Hefert, Ellen Raskin, Remy Charlip, Peter Max, Brian Wildsmith, Tomi Ungerer, Dennis and David Redmond, Nicolette Claveloux or anything published by Harlin Quist, Seymour Chwast, Milton Glaser, Etienne Delessert...
and oh, lot's others that YOU can post! Far out!
Optically busy, trippy and hypnotic pix will receive bonus points!
Check out your Mom's closets and dig out your stash from under the bed!
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 12 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe