|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Election Countdown: Your photos||Yahoo! Politics||0||Yahoo! Politics||5 years ago|
|Inappropropriate political comments from Yahoo readers||Keith Turrill||2||James B CurriePRO||6 years ago|
|Iowa Gallery||Yahoo! Politics||0||Yahoo! Politics||6 years ago|
|First 2012 Gallery||Yahoo! Politics||3||RDPixelShopPRO||6 years ago|
Group DescriptionThe Yahoo! Politics team wants to see the 2012 election through your eyes. Please submit photos of candidates on the trail, volunteers door-knocking, and butter cows looking majestic. Show us what democracy looks like to you.
Our team will regularly review all submissions for inclusion in the group pool. We ask you to limit your submitted photos to those depicting timely news related to the 2012 U.S. election. Of course, news doesn't have a strict definition, so submit what you consider news, and we'll see what our editors think. One Caveat: Any submissions to this group that editors deem unacceptable will be removed from the group
We'll use your submissions to curate Flickr galleries about the election that all users can view. You can change your opt-out preferences if you wish to block the Flickr community (and Yahoo! Politics) from adding your photos in Flickr Galleries.
Still have questions? Drop us a line.
We're excited that you're joining the 2012 Election group.
Yahoo! News wants to share these photos with our readers; giving readers a localized and user viewpoint of the election. By agreeing to the rules, you'll give us a non-exclusive license to use photos submitted to the group. Yahoo! Is not taking ownership over any submissions or an assignment of rights. Moreover, each time Yahoo! uses a photo from this group within its editorial, Yahoo! will credit and link back to the member. The complete rules in all their legal glory are below.
Thanks! We're looking forward to seeing your photos.
Senior Editor, Yahoo! News
Please read and agree to these Group Rules before submitting content to Yahoo! Inc.’s Election 2012 Group (“Group”).
1. This Group is run by Yahoo! Inc. ("Yahoo!") and by joining this Group you agree to these terms and conditions which will at that time be binding between you and Yahoo!.
2. You retain ownership over any photos you submit to the Group; Yahoo! simply requests a nonexclusive license (per the terms set forth in this paragraph) to use your photo(s). Our aim with this Group is to feature these photos in Yahoo! News in connection with relevant editorial content regarding the election, but, it may also be the case that your photo(s) is featured in other areas of Yahoo!, and, for that reason, the scope of the license under this paragraph is sufficiently broad to allow Yahoo! to use the photo in any of our Services (as that term is defined below).
Again, you retain ownership over any photos you submit to the Group, however, you to grant to Yahoo! a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license (but not the obligation), with the right to sublicense, use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform and publicly display such photo (in whole or in part) in connection with Yahoo! Services (defined as the collection of resources offered by Yahoo!, including without limitation various communications tools, forums, shopping services, search services, personalized content and branded programming through Yahoo!’s network of properties which may be accessed through any various medium or device now known or hereafter developed).
3. By adding your photo(s) to the Group, you represent and warrant to Yahoo!, that (a) you are at least 18 years old; (b) your photos are an original work taken by you; (c) your photos are free from any third party rights; and (d) you have the full right and authority to grant the rights herein granted in all media throughout the universe; and that no one else's permission is required.
4. If an editor deems your submission unacceptable, your photos will be removed from the Group. Moreover, please refer to our “About” page to understand the origin and purpose of this Group.
5. When your photos are displayed on Yahoo! Services, Yahoo! will include an attribution crediting you and, where possible, include a link to your photo on Flickr.
6. You consent to allow Yahoo! to contact you through Flickr Mail regarding any inquiry Yahoo! might have related to your submission to the Group.
7. Yahoo! shall not be obliged to display photographs and shall not be liable for any entrant’s loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation. Yahoo! reserves the right to cancel the Group if deemed necessary at any stage.
8. This agreement shall, for all purposes, be governed by and interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to and will hereby submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the State and federal courts located within the county of Santa Clara, California.
This is a great opportunity to share your photos with the Yahoo! audience and promote your photographic talent. We hope you join our Group today.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 10 things to the pool each week.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe