Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionCreated by The International Ecotourism Society (TIES), ecoTravel 360° is a photo group to share travel stories and explorer the world of ecotourism and responsible travel.
Anyone interested in this virtual group is welcome to join. Please share photos that:
- highlight your favorite local eco travel experiences.
- tell travel stories featuring global dialogues and local flavors.
- offer alternate vacation ideas.
- inspire dialogue about ecotourism and responsible travel.
Group RulesThank you for your interest in joining the ecoTravel 306° group! In order to create an enjoyable group experience for all, please review the following rules before continuing:
1. Be a respectful group member: Please use this group responsibly. We request that all members follow these general guidelines: www.flickr.com/guidelines.gne.
2. Share local knowledge: Please provide background information, web links, etc. in the description field of each photo you're uploading to this group, so that other members can learn about the local eco travel experiences you are sharing.
3. Geotag your photos before you add them to the group pool: When possible, please 'geotag' (add location information) your photos that you upload to this group, so that they will appear on the ecoTravel 306° Map (www.flickr.com/groups/ecotravel360/pool/map?mode=group).
You can geotag your photos by (1) clicking on "Organize" > "Your Map" and dragging and dropping the photos on to the map where they were taken. Or (1) double-clicking on each photo you would like to geotag, and clicking on the link "Add to your map" on the right (under the "Additional Information" section on the right). More information and tips on geotagging are available here: www.flickr.com/help/map/?search=geotag#204
4. Other online communities: The photos and videos that are shared through this group may be used (e.g. as part of an online album, map, photo badge, thumbnail image) on TIES website (www.ecotourism.org) and/or TIES social networking pages, with a link back to the ecoTravel 360° Flickr group page.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe