Group DescriptionWelcome to DIYP Flickr pool.
This is place for all Photographers pros and amateurs alike to post and discuss DIY Photography techniques.
The main goal of this group is to aid photographers come up with innovative ways to create new equipment.
This place is about supporting a community of photography lovers that would like to enhance their setup without taking a second mortgage.
If you don't know how to start, pay a visit to www.diyphotography.net/. you'll find advice and articles that can help you build a small home studio for pennies (OK, dimes, not more that dimes).
When posting to the group pool, please follow 2 simple rules:
I will try my best to notify when deleting a photo from the pool for not meeting the rules, but during busy times, images may be deleted with out notice.
1. This group is about DIY and Photography, each image must have some DIY in it. It can be the gear used, the way the setup is constructed, the subject - really anything. As much as we love pictures in general, this group's goal is to learn. There are groups facilitating almost any other type of imagery.
2. This group is also about sharing and learning together, each image posted to the pool must have a description of the setup on the image caption. This can be a short "strobist" like tag, a detailed explanation, a link to a setup article, setup image or setup thread.
3. [optional] - This group is nice - If you are posting an image to the pool, be a chap and comment on another image in the pool. This is a great way to build up a community.
Any of the images on the pool may be pooled up to the main blog for discussion - yes it will be seen by lots of DIY gear fanatics photographers.
Lastly, be nice to your fellow DIY-ers. keep your comments clean, comment on the photo and not on the person. (if it's a good comment, you can also comment on the person :)), and most of all have fun.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 3 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe