Group DescriptionHi and welcome to Your Design City!
Don't Panic and the Design Museum have been working together with Flickr to invite you to share your photography on the theme of Design Cities.
The new Design Cities exhibition at the Design Museum commemorates seven key cities at their creative heights through contemporary design - London, Paris, Vienna, Dessau, Los Angeles, Milan and Tokyo.
We don't mind where you come from though - we'd like to see contemporary design in your cities, so show us your favourite contemporary design, whether it be architecture, furniture, vehicles, technology or fashion. We want to know what makes the metropolis personal to you, so surprise us!
A panel of 3 judges (to be announced) will select 20 photos to be printed and exhibited in the Design Museum in January 2009 (Tuesday 6th January - Sunday 11th January 2009). One photograph will be selected to be printed on 80,000 Don't Panic posters and distributed across the U.K and some major international cities.
To submit your photograph, add it to the Design Cities group on Flickr before 1st December 2008, be sure you read the Group Rules before joining.
Some things to keep in mind before you submit your photos:
- We’d love it if you could tag and geotag your photos to show us what city they were taken in (and you’ll be able to see where everyone else’s Design Cities are – how cool is that?)
- Try and show us your own personal take on things, don’t be scared to be different.
- Choose carefully what you submit, go visit the Design Cities exhibition or take a look at the website, you can only submit 3 photos, so make sure they are your best shots!
Group RulesPlease read the group rules carefully before joining the group and submitting your photo.
Also, please keep in mind the brief - contemporary design in your city or a city that you have visited.
The Your Design City (the ‘Group’) Rules
1. Only photos with minimum resolution of 2400 x 1600 (300 dpi) will be considered to be printed as posters. Accordingly, you must submit a high resolution photo to the Group or be willing to provide a high-res version of your photograph upon request.
2. By adding your photo to the Group, you represent and warrant that your submitted photo is consistent with the Flickr Community Guidelines, your photo is an original work, free from any third party rights, in particular that it shall not under no circumstance constitute, whether entirely or in parts, any infringement upon the intellectual property rights of third parties, and that any persons depicted in your photo have consented to the distribution, publication and display of the photo with no remuneration of any kind being payable to them. This shall also apply if the photo is used for the purposes outlined below in section 3.
3. Further, by adding your photo to the Group, you provide Don't Panic and The Design Museum (“we”, “us”, “Organizers”) with a limited, non-exclusive, irrevocable, sub-licensable, worldwide, royalty-free license (but not the obligation), which license is effective until January 31st, 2009, to use, copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display and create derivative works of, and copy, distribute, publicly perform and publicly display such derivative works of, your photo solely in connection with the inclusion of your photo in activities related to:
•The promotion of the Your Design City project on www.dontpanicmedia.com/ and www.designmuseum.org/
•The exhibit of 20 photos from this group as posters in cooperation with the Design Cities exhibition at The Design Museum in January 2009
•The printing of one selected photo from the group on 80,000 Don't Panic Posters and distributed across the U.K and some major international cities.
The rights shall be applied to all existing or future media, and in particular all physical, optical, magnetic, analogical, digital and electronic media, including media such as hardcopies, magnetic tapes, floppy disks, CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs, hard disks, computers and servers, the Internet, all private or public telecommunication networks, by cable, satellite, radio networks, etc.
4. Should your photos be selected as to be displayed at the exhibition we will contact you to give you a heads up and ask what your preferred attribution is. If your photo is selected to be the Don't Panic poster we will contact you to give you further information.
5. In the event that your photograph is chosen as part of the final 20 in the Exhibition or selected as the Don’t Panic poster, it will be displayed along with your Flickr screen name and the title of the image. We will contact you through Flickr Mail and you will be given the opportunity to choose to have your real name included in place of your screen name. If you do not respond to this email, we will be obliged to use your Flickr screen name.
Additionally, if you are selected to be printed as the Don’t Panic poster we will contact you to arrange delivery of 20 flat copies of the poster and keep you up to date with when the poster will be in distribution.
6. The Organizers shall not be obliged to display photographs and shall not be liable for any entrant’s loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation. The Organizers also reserve the right to cancel the Exhibition and/or the project if deemed necessary at any stage.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe