HeatherMG ADMIN January 8, 2009
The pool is closed for entries! Thank you for submitting your work to the 2009 DCist Exposed Photography Show. Look for the winners announcement on Wednesday, January 14 on DCist.com.
Group DescriptionDCist Exposed Photography Show Rules
1. Please fill out our quick application form and then hop over to PayPal to submit your $5 application fee. We need your info so we can match your Flickr user name to your entry fee, and so we can contact you if you win. We won't distribute your information, but we may send you email pertaining to the show.
2. Join the DCist Exposed 2009 Flickr group. Your submissions are limited to three photos. The pool will close for entries at midnight on Wednesday, January 7, 2009.
3. Remember that this is DCist, so we do ask that you live and take your photos in the general geographical area (and spare us the cliche touristy shots; if you upload a photo of the Washington Monument, it better be a really sweet one). Almost anything you've seen in Photo of the Day would be appropriate. You can see last year's winners here.
4. If your photo is chosen for the show, we'll require standarization from everyone. You will have to get it printed as an 8x10 (or a similar size if it's irregular -- 10x10, etc.) and matted and framed according to our set standards:
— Black metal moulding 16x20 frame with regular glass
— White acid free mat
— White acid free foam core backing
We know some of you have never had your work professionally framed before, but we want your work to look its best, so no homemade jobs unless you've got some experience doing this.
Most framing stores can charge a significant amount and take quite a bit of time to frame your work. We're working with a couple frame shops to get our winners significant discounts; more details on that to come.
5. We know that some of you have never sold your work before. Our hope is that the DCist community can assist each other with this process when it comes to pricing and other issues, both here and on the Flickr discussion board. We're always here to answer questions or give advice, as well, so feel free to email us.
6. We will contact the selected photographers no later than January 14. Some photographers may have more than one image selected. If you haven't responded to us by January 18, we will select another image. (If you know you'll be out of town that week, just let us know beforehand.)
7. You'll have just over five weeks to mat and frame your photograph. During the week before the opening reception you'll deliver your photograph for hanging in the show.
8. Flashpoint receives 30% of all sales, should any of your photos be included in the show and purchased by a smart investor.
9. Bring your family and friends to the opening reception at the Gallery at Flashpoint on February 20, 2009 to celebrate our awesome contributors, spy on gallery-goers as they gush over your work, and maybe buy a photo yourself! The show will run until March 7, 2009, so you'll have two weeks to encourage everyone you know to come check it out.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe