dave dube' ADMIN September 19, 2015
MISSION Statement ~ Members helping to Empower other members in a respectful and supportive way. Sometimes it's by a simple critique and other times it can be an involved tutorial. It's not about the Leadership group or the Critiques specifically, it's about you ~ the photographer.
Critique - Original Flickr Critique group - *The Critique group is a discussion based group, the goal of the Critique Group is to help all levels of photographers. Start a Discussion with a photo in the Critique Group so that a mature and open discussion can be set about.*
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ
#1 - How to post an image for critique
#2 - Information on providing critique to others
#3 - Important and Educational information
#4 - Guidelines to support the rules
Group RulesGroup Rules
1. To have an image Critiqued please start a new discussion thread including a 640
2. Critique is intended to help the photographer through an explanation of the image. Critiques will vary depending on experience, subjectivity and may be visual or written. You may not like all that is written, but please do not take it personally.
3. Providing an idea of the sort of critique you would like or even a self-analysis of the image will help others to understand the context.
4. Critique is a community, if you start a discussion thread please also critique others.
5. Please post only 1 image per discussion thread, or a maximum of 3 images that are part of a theme (closely related in content and composition). Only 1 new discussion thread per member per day.
6. We expect all members to have their own active Flickr photostream. If your stream contains fewer than 12 of your own photos taken within the previous 2 years, we reserve the right to ban you from the group. If it contains no photos we will automatically ban you (a private photostream is the same as no photos, the photostream needs to be public).
7. If you do not want others to use an edit of the photo to illustrate a point please state "Do Not Edit" under the photo in the post.
8. If you edit an image in response to suggestions in the thread, please do not overwrite the original image in your thread, but upload the modified image as a separate picture in your thread. If you leave a broken link, meaning that no photo is visible in the thread, we will close the thread until you fix it.
9. We will not tolerate personal attacks, abuse, or bullying of any kind, profanity, racial, sexual, religious or personally derogatory statements or demeaning photos. Please behave with respect towards all members. Admin rulings are final on all aspects of the group.
10. OT (other topic) if you’d like to start a topic for discussion, unrelated to an image, please begin the thread title with ‘OT’.
11. ET (educational topic) for sharing educational content of either video or text. If slides are used they need to reside on the Flick or Yahoo platform. Flickr allows for 3 min videos so longer content would need to be divided into Part 1, Part 2 etc. ***Important ~ our group will no longer support links (content) to non Yahoo sites, (channels) owned or managed by the author. (like YouTube). Links may be suggested for any site or source that is not directly affiliated with the author as an educational source. Unfortunately, Yahoo no longer has a branded video hosting site.
Example ~ if you'd like to suggest a strobe solution and there's a great reference video on YouTube by Joe McNally, that's fine.
This may seem extreme but we (leadership) are making attempts to remain in compliance with Yahoo/Flickr Terms and Agreements. Flickr/Yahoo can close a group without warning if these are transgressed.
- Members can post 1 thing to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe