feather ADMIN May 25, 2008
Don't forget to tag your images with the ISBN numbers from your books. Just type in the whole number, no dashes/hyphens... I'd suggest leaving off the preceding "isbn" to just go along with what most people seem to do. Read more about ISBN numbers in flickr if you're not sure.
Group DescriptionA place for meeting English and Japanese speakers; and to help non-Japanese speakers to use the great patterns in japanese craft books.
Mostly, Japanese craft books are so well illustrated you don't need to be able to read... but sometimes it would be helpful to read the directions.
Pictures to add:
* Scan a confusing part of a pattern (where it shows the directions in japanese) add it to the group pool, and let's try and figure out what it says!
* Post photos of things you made from a japanese pattern.
* Post images of books you recommend.
- When posting from books, *Please* remember to put in the title of the book and/or the ISBN number! Read about using ISBNs to tag books. Thank you very much.
When we have the ISBN, it is easier to locate the book in online shops and also great sites like "Crafting Japanese". That website has links to many great Japanese crafting books.
Also see Japanese Craft Books for more pictures from Japanese crafting books.
The only posts or topics I'll delete are those which aren't vaguely related to crafting in Japanese. I've only done it a few times, but if you see something which doesn't fit, please message me (>Heather/feather).
Group RulesThis group is for getting help interpreting or using patterns from japanese language books.
We're looking for people who need help interpreting Japanese patterns; links to sites selling Japanese patterns or books; images of things which are hand-crafted from Japanese patterns, or having to do with Japanese patterns or instructions from books or websites.
When posting from books, *Please* remember to put in the title of the book and/or the ISBN number! Read about using ISBNs to tag books. Thank you very much.
Please do not add in links to things which have nothing to do with using Japanese craft patterns. The topics will be deleted as soon as I notice them. Sorry about that! If you're not sure where to promote your things, try a keyword search of the many available Flickr Groups.
Arigatou and Ganbatte!
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe