Paco_X ADMIN September 1, 2018
Welcome to the Cleveland Photographic Society Photo Challenge. The Cleveland Photographic Society has operated continuously since 1887 making it one of the oldest and most storied camera clubs in North America, and it remains active and vibrant as ever today. For more information about the Cleveland Photographic Society, check out our web page at www.clevelandphoto.org
Group DescriptionA service of the Cleveland Photographic Society. Every fortnight, a new photographic topic/technique will be introduced that will test member's photographic acumen and creativity.
Group RulesWelcome to the Cleveland Photographic Society Photo Challenge. Every other week we will issue a new photographic challenge. This is meant to be a way for all CPS club members, students, and photography enthusiasts in general to practice their creativity and photographic skills on a wide variety of subject matters. We are a teaching club and we believe it is important to make this a learning process. It is highly recommended that participants view the work of others and even offer feedback comments for images that they think are well realized. All constructive criticism should be built on the positive.
1. A new topic/subject challenge will be rolled out once every two weeks. The challenge roll out time will be Sunday morning, and that topic will be active for two weeks...until 7:00 pm Saturday.
2. Participants may submit one image per calendar week (Sun-Sat). Hence, if one desires, they may submit two images per fortnight challenge. Note: submitting a second image is optional.
3. Photos submitted to each challenge must be taken in the same time frame as the challenge. NO ARCHIVED PHOTOS ALLOWED. Only submit your own work. The purpose of this challenge is to get out with your camera and practice your photographic skills and imagination.
4. Each photo should include a title. Also, we request that the specific challenge name for which the image is being submitted be included in the image description. Finally, camera settings (EXIF data) and date taken should be included with submitted images. Flickr default settings will automatically display this data, but if you have modified your Flickr or image-meta settings to hide the EXIF data, then you will have to include it in your description. This requirement is in the spirit of group learning.
5. Participants will be afforded a broad interpretation of challenge topics. That said, if an image is clearly not related to the weekly challenge (i.e. a color photo during a B&W challenge), it will be removed from the group pool. Also, images that are highly distasteful, disrespectful, crude, or sexually explicit will be removed. Finally, this is not intended as a forum for political opinions. We reserve the right to ban anyone who repeatedly breaks these guidelines.
6. This is not meant to be a competition in the traditional sense. However, a couple of days after each challenge closes, a discussion topic will be created to detail the "Moderators’ Faves" (Note: various guest moderators will be called upon to assist in this task). This will be an opportunity to distinguish the images that the group moderators believe are creative, well composed, well executed, and best exemplify the challenge topic. There will admittedly be some subjectivity in these decisions, so please do not fret too much if your image does not make the cut for a given challenge. The CPS Photo Challenge is entirely independent of the regular CPS Competitions. Hence, images submitted to the CPS Challenge are eligible to be entered in the appropriate CPS Friday night competitions.
7. BTW...if you've captured more than two photos for any given challenge, and you want to share those images with others...no problem. CPS has its own Flickr group page on which you can submit any or all of your images. Check it out at : www.flickr.com/groups/cps/ . Note that only CPS members may submit photos to this group.
Okay, that's it. Now grab you camera and go out and have some fun.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 1 thing to the pool each week.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe