VerseVend ADMIN January 7, 2009
Contemporary Scotland is a parade of Scottish life as it is at the time of posting. Both the "people" and "things" threads give an insight ito what's happening "right now". Please ensure your posts are relevant as per pool rules and above all, that they are identifiably Scottish. Regards, Max Blinkhorn.
|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Peterhead Photos||timrothonphotography||0||timrothonphotography||6 years ago|
|Member Numbers||VerseVend||1||McRustyPRO||7 years ago|
|The Limit||Vladimir I U L||9||pamelaadamPRO||9 years ago|
|Exhibition in Glasgow||Potatojunkie||0||Potatojunkie||10 years ago|
|mince||neill.k||11||VerseVend||10 years ago|
|Scottish Photography Forum||www.faction.co.uk||0||www.faction.co.uk||10 years ago|
|New Group Admin||@notnixonPRO||0||@notnixon||11 years ago|
Scotland is FULL of beautiful landscapes, stunning castles and magical bridges...but this group is to highlight anything but.
Contemporary Scotland is a home for all those photographs of modern buildings, modern people and anything else that can be fitted into the contemporary bracket.
Lets see what you can do. Let's show off the other side of Scotland.
con·tem·po·rar·y (kən-tĕm'pə-rĕr'ē): Of about the same age. Current; modern: contemporary trends in design.
From Max: I ilke the notion of "Here and Now" as a definition for contemporary. As the group builds, we should see the time dimension emerge - we'll know when we look at early sshots and perceive them as dated ;-)
There are lots of other Flickr Groups that cover Scotland:-
- Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire - www.flickr.com/groups/aberdeen/
- Aberdonia - www.flickr.com/groups/aberdonia/
- Guess Aberdeen: www.flickr.com/groups/44843812@N00/
- The Mearns - www.flickr.com/groups/mearns/
- Angus - Angus,Scotland
- Montrose - Gable-End,Scotland
- Argyll and Bute - www.flickr.com/groups/argyll/
- Iona and Mull: www.flickr.com/groups/49852808@N00/
- Ayrshire - www.flickr.com/groups/86933611@N00/
- Borders - www.flickr.com/groups/scottishborders/
- Contemparary Scotland: www.flickr.com/groups/conteporaryscotland/
- Dundee and roundabout - www.flickr.com/groups/Dundee/http://www.flickr.com/groups/74067907@N00/
- Dumfries and Galloway - www.flickr.com/groups/18558400@N00/
- East Lothian - www.flickr.com/groups/eastlothian/
- Edinburgh - www.flickr.com/groups/edinburgh/
- Real Edinburgh: non tourist places - www.flickr.com/groups/76635203@N00/
- Botantic Gardens - www.flickr.com/groups/edinbotanicgardens/
- Leith - www.flickr.com/groups/leith/
- Forth Bridges - www.flickr.com/groups/forthbridges/
- Edinburgh Street Art - www.flickr.com/groups/edinburghstreetart/
- Glasgow - www.flickr.com/groups/glasgow/
- Glasgow West End - www.flickr.com/groups/glasgowwestend/
- Glasgow Parks - www.flickr.com/groups/parksglasgow/
- Highrise Glasgow - www.flickr.com/groups/highriseglasgow/
- Guess where Glasgow - www.flickr.com/groups/guesswhereglasgow/
- Fife - www.flickr.com/groups/fife/
- Forfar - www.flickr.com/groups/forfartown/
- Highlands and Islands- www.flickr.com/groups/highlands/
- Caithness - www.flickr.com/groups/58299370@N00/
- Clyde Islands - www.flickr.com/groups/clydeislands/
- Isle of Arran - www.flickr.com/groups/IsleOfArran/
- Isle of Bute - www.flickr.com/groups/bute/
- Outer Hebrides - www.flickr.com/groups/hebrides/
- Inner Hebrides - www.flickr.com/groups/innerhebrides/
- Gigha - https://www.flickr.com/groups/gigha/
- Islay and Jura - www.flickr.com/groups/islay/
- Skye - flickr.com/groups/isleofskye/
- Orkney - www.flickr.com/groups/25766594@N00/pool/
- Shetland - www.flickr.com/groups/shetland/
- Ross-shire - www.flickr.com/groups/ross-shire/
- Lanarkshire - www.flickr.com/groups/lanarkshire/
- Loch Lomond - www.flickr.com/groups/loch_lomond/
- Moray Firth - www.flickr.com/groups/moray-scotland/
- Perth-shire - flickr.com/groups/59408214@N00/
- Stirling - www.flickr.com/groups/stirling-group/
- Strathmartin and Strathmore - flickr.com/groups/strathmore_strathmartine/
- West Lothian - www.flickr.com/groups/westlothian/
- Island and Rural Fotos - Scotland - www.flickr.com/groups/islandfotos/
- Sailing in Scotland - www.flickr.com/groups/sailingscotland/
- Scotland's Castles - www.flickr.com/groups/scotlands_castles/
- Scotland in Black and White - www.flickr.com/groups/13048418@N00/pool/
- The Scottish Parliament Building - flickr.com/groups/24234539@N00/
- Scottish Mountains - www.flickr.com/groups/37126485@N00/
- Scotland the Brave - www.flickr.com/groups/44124322960@N01/
- ! Scotland - www.flickr.com/groups/68367434@N00/
- Scottish Lochs - www.flickr.com/groups/41298484@N00/
- Scottish meet ups - www.flickr.com/groups/scottishmeetup/
- Scottish Heritage "Alba gu Brath"www.flickr.com/groups/22004427@N00/
- Scotland from the air - www.flickr.com/groups/scotlandfromtheair/
- Scotlands Animals www.flickr.com/groups/scotlandsnatureanimals/
- Scotlands Birds www.flickr.com/groups/scotlandsnaturebirds/
- Scotlands Insects www.flickr.com/groups/scotlandsnatureinsects/
- Skylines of Scotland: www.flickr.com/groups/36413091@N00/
- Scottish Wildflowers: www.flickr.com/groups/scottishwildflowers/
Group Rules"Contemporary Scotland" is a home for all those photographs of "current" buildings, "current" people and anything else Scottish to which the word "contemporary" might apply.
It's not old Scotland, but it is new representations of old Scotland.
It is new buildings.
It is today's people doing today's things wearing today's clothes.
If the picture shows it happening now, and you know it's now, then it belongs here.
To see Scotland as it is now, view the pool slideshow.
To contribute, join the pool and send us your best, most well considered shots so we can show off new Scotland.
No borders - everything as cropped.
We have enough Falkirk Wheels - exceptional shots will be considered but they have to really EXCELLENT!
Please submit shots which are properly composed and and have a message or are a portrait. More to come on this.....
- Members can post 4 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe