Group DescriptionIn admiration of the metal logos and lettering affixed to mid-century automobiles and appliances. These unsung emblems are often forgotten, damaged — lost to time or the dump. So take a macro shot of your Ford or Frigidaire and preserve the beauty for posterity.
The focus of this group may shift over time, but for now, keep the following in mind:
- The photo needn't contain letters or even chrome, but the main subject must be an emblem or graphical hardware (logo, badge, seal) attached to or embedded in an appliance, device, or car.
- We'd like to stick to pre-1980 objects (though some exceptions may be made if the specimen is extraordinary).
- There is already a fine group dedicated to hood ornaments. So please do not submit those unless they include a lettered emblem.
If your photo was not accepted, it just might find a better home in one of these related groups:
Car Details, Fin and Fender, Hood Ornaments, Sexy Kitchen Appliances, Mid-Century, Modern
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 25 things to the pool each week.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe