|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|National Nutrition Month||SnapMyPlate||0||SnapMyPlate||6 years ago|
Group DescriptionWe want to see where and when you think about healthy eating. Join us in Take the Plate. Print MyPlate or display on a mobile device and snap a photograph to show how and where you choose the best foods to put on your plates when building a healthy meal.
· Enjoy your food, but eat less.
· Avoid oversized portions.
Foods to Increase
· Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
· Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
· Make at least half your grains whole grains
Foods to Reduce
· Compare sodium (salt) in foods like soup, bread, and frozen meals, and choose foods with lower numbers.
· Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
Visit www.ChooseMyPlate.gov website for practical information to individuals, health professionals, nutrition educators, and the food industry to help consumers build healthier diets with resources and tools for dietary assessment, nutrition education, and other user-friendly nutrition information.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe