CEPI Paper ADMIN June 20, 2012
And the winner is....(scroll down to see!)
And we have a winner!
The winners of CEPI’s ‘Paper moments’ photo competition have finally been selected. The first prize went to the photo ‘I have a dream’ by Sandu Mihai from Romania. The judges thought that it captures a ‘Paper moment’ perfectly. It has a strong emotional appeal, with perfect composition and lighting. It shows a positive view from a child into the future and really brings the youth into the paper industry. The 2nd prize went to Dominik Fleischmann from Germany for his photo ‘Paper room’ and the 3rd prize to Benoit Gradel from France for the photo ‘Declaration’ . The jury also commended the following entries: ‘(E)motion’ by icfroehling, ‘Raindrop’ by Dargstar, ‘Lost in blue’ by Kimmy Photography, ‘Paper boats’ by wontfindme and ‘Amsterdam’ by view-france.
Congratulations to the winners! The choice was admittedly not easy as the competition attracted high-quality photos with different interpretations of the theme. A big thank you to everyone who participated in this photo competition. You have turned it into a major success.
Press release announcing the results
To celebrate its 20th anniversary, CEPI is organising a photo competition starting February under the topic “Paper Moments”: Throughout times, paper has been all around us, working for us, delivering to us and making our lives easier. It is so much a part of our daily lives that we take it for granted and rarely stop to think about it. Yet it communicates symbols, engages our senses, brings cleanliness, comfort and safety and accompanies our every moment. Capture one of these moments and you might win one of the prizes!
Entries will be judged by a selected panel of high-profile judges. The winner will receive a prize of 1500 euros. Second prize 750 euros. Third prize 500 euros. Other photos could receive honourable mention. All winners' photos will be exhibited during the European Paper Week which will take place in Brussels 13-15 November. Winners will be notified in June and will be invited to the Awards Ceremony, which will take place on November 14 in Brussels. Travel expenses to the awards will be covered for each winner. Winning photos will also appear in the Pulp & Paper International magazine along with an article or an interview.
Entering the competition is easy. You just need to:
1. Join the group.
2. Upload photos to your account.
3. Go to the page of the photo(s) you want to submit to the competition.
4. Click the "Send to Group" button between the photo title and the photo.
5. Choose the “'Paper Moments'-CEPI Photo Competition 2012” group and you're done!
Your photo's name should contain your name, picture title, and picture number (e.g. MaxMueller_BrownbearCroatia_1.jpg). Don't forget to list the following information in the photo description: name of the photographer; date of taking; camera lens; location.
Please read the competition rules here. Entry into the competition constitues acceptance of these rules.
Feel free to comment on other people's photos-we would love to hear what you think of them too!
Good Luck and happy snapping!
Another photo competition which might be of interest ( text is in German).
Group RulesCEPI Digital Photo Competition 2012 Rules
- CEPI’s Photo Competition 2012 begins in February and ends in May. The subject of the competition is 'Paper Moments'. The theme is open to individual interpretation but entries must have a paper product at their heart (tissue paper, card board, corrugated board, books, speciality paper, magazines, anything else made of pulp and paper).
HOW TO ENTER
- The participation is free of charge.
- The competition is only open to European citizens. Employees of CEPI are not eligible to enter.
-Entrants can submit up to five photos either in colour or black and white. Admitted are digital pictures uploaded on Flickr. Scans of prints are also permitted; however, please bear in mind that an excellent technical quality (focus, exposure) is an essential requirement for prize awarding. To ensure eligibility for the contest, all entries must have a resolution of 300dpi or greater and must have been taken within 2 years before the date of entry. Digital pictures must be made available in ‘’high-resolution quality data" (jpeg in full size and of highest quality e.g. saved in Adobe Photoshop with quality level 12) upon request. The title of an uploaded picture must contain the photographer's name as well as the title and number of the picture (1 to 5) (e.g. MaxMueller_BrownbearCroatia_1.jpg).
- Participants should enter their pictures by posting them on Flickr. When uploading them on Flickr please list the following information in the photo description: date of taking; camera lens and location. Details must also be provided of the camera or scientific equipment used and any subsequent manipulation, eg. Photoshop. Alternatively, if you do not wish to create a Flickr account, you can send the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be uploaded on Flickr for you. Entries from entrants aged under 18 must be accompanied by a scanned copy of a signed parent/guardian consent form sent to email@example.com.
- We will not tolerate or accept derogatory or obscene photographs, or photographs containing nudity. Any photograph deemed to be of such a nature will result in immediate disqualification from this and future events. When captioning your photos please refrain from using offensive words.
- Flickr’s normal Terms and Conditions apply to this competition.
- Closing your Flickr account or leaving the Group will automatically remove all photos from the group and the Competition.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of 5 judges. The judges will select a shortlist of three photographs (the 'Finalists') which, in their opinion, best illustrate the theme of the competition. They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality, interpretation of the brief and the practical use of the photographs.
- The judges' decisions will be final and no correspondence can be entered into. The judges reserve the right in their absolute discretion to:
a) declare void any entry b) declare the whole competition or any category/award or categories/awards void should no entries meet the required standard c) award prizes to those entrants who achieve a certain standard and if the entries taken as a whole do not achieve the anticipated standard either to substitute prizes on offer or declare that none of the entries are worthy of a prize. Such decisions shall be unchallengeable.
COPYRIGHT AND USAGE RIGHTS
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. Pictures may not be blocked by agencies or publishers and may not have been awarded in another competition. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 18 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries or won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to CEPI. By entering the competition all entrants grant to CEPI the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on CEPI’s website. Entrants whose photographs are one of the Finalists or Commended grant CEPI the rights to publish and exhibit their photographs in print or in any other media. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. Entrants whose photographs are one of the finalists also agree to take part in post-competition publicity. Photographers will be credited whenever their work is used in printed reproduction or for any other use.
- The winner will receive a prize of 1,500 euros. Second prize 750 euros. Third prize 500 euros. Other photos could receive honourable mention. All winners’ photos will be exhibited during the European Paper Week which will take place in Brussels 13-16 November.
- Winners will be notified in June and will be invited to the Awards Ceremony, which will take place in 14 November in Brussels. Travel expenses to the awards will be covered for each winner.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the CEPI reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
- The competition closes at midnight (Brussels time) on 31 May 2012.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and the CEPI reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if CEPI has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
- All communication with the participants will be media via Flickr.com. Participants are asked to check their account on a regular basis.
These rules are governed by the laws of Belgium. This competition is administered by CEPI.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe