- Get Pro
This group discussion is for members only.
Group DescriptionThe California Railfans group is for any railfans who live in or are visiting/visited the state of California and took photos of railroad operations while here. Whether it's the San Francisco Bay Area, Portola/Quincy area, Tehachapi/Southern California, or any place else in California, as long as it is a railroad photo that was taken in California, it will be accepted. However, only submit photos of rolling stock, locomotives, and railroad structures (bridges, tunnels, etc) please! Simply read the guidelines for posting photos when you become a part of this group.
Locations and subdivisions can include:
- The San Francisco Bay Area
- The Portola/Quincy/Keddie Area
- Tehachapi Pass
- Southern California (Barstow, Bakersfield, Oceanside, San Diego, Los Angeles, etc.)
- Union Pacific's Coast Sub (and connecting subdivisions such as the Oakland and Niles Subs)
- Union Pacific's Roseville Sub between Roseville and Truckee (Donnor Pass)
- BNSF's Stockton Subdivision
- UP's Mojave Sub through Mojave, CA
Group Rules- Locations can be anywhere within the state of California including, but not limited to, the San Joaquin Valley, San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, and the Sierra Nevada mountains.
- Locations can also include museums, stations, and yards. This group does not encourage trespassing on railroad property, so any yard photos must have been taken with permission. Any yard photo taken without permission (trespassing) will not be accepted into the group.
- Locomotive and rolling stock photos only please - please do not post any photos of tracks (exceptions to this rule can include bridges, tunnels, and well known crossings such as the Bridge Street crossing in Truckee).
- Your photos have to say somewhere either in the title, description or by geotagging where in California they were taken!
- This group doesn't care how many other groups a photo is in
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe