Group DescriptionWelcome to the Flickr group for the Twentieth Century Society.
The Twentieth Century Society exists to safeguard the heritage of architecture and design in Britain from 1914 onwards. The Society’s prime objectives are conservation, to protect the buildings and design that characterise the Twentieth Century in Britain, and education, to extend our knowledge and appreciation of them, whether iconic buildings like the Royal Festival Hall or everyday artifacts like the red telephone box.
For further information please visit the C20 website - www.c20society.org.uk
Please use this group to post your favourite pictures of buildings from this period. The group has a UK focus, but feel free to post images from around the world as long as the building is from the twentieth century. If you have attended any events organised by the Twentieth Century Society then please post your photographs from the event here as well.
When posting images into the group pool, please follow the guidelines:
- Tag the photograph with the building name, location and architect(s) if known.
- Tag any photographs taken during a Twentieth Century Society event with 'c20society'
- If you would like to make your photos available for use by the Society (for promotional material, the official website or just to keep on our database), please choose the appropriate copyright license or send your images direct to the Society. For a detailed guide on copyright licensing please check the Creative Commons Website - creativecommons.org/licenses/
- If photographs are of interiors it is incumbent upon the photographer to have obtained permission from the building's owner or representative to share any such photos on Flickr.
Please note - The contents and comments posted in this group are those of the members of the group and do not necessarily represent the views of the Twentieth Century Society.
- Members can post 100 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe