Group DescriptionBlackandwhiteology (Blak-ən-wīt-tä-lə-jē) noun –
1. The study of photographic techniques in black and white.
2. The pursuit of rendering the world in grayscale.
3. The subtle and interpretive practice of capturing form and subject in monochrome.
Black and white photos. Of anything. Of everything.
Beginning Black and White Development – A simple step by step guide to B&W film development at home.
Stand and Simi-Stand Development – Use of highly diluted developer and extended development times to achieve high latitude, increase tonal range, and control contrast.
Coffee Developer – Home-made developer using instant coffee, washing soda, vitamin C, and water.
Diafine – The magic developer, its use, and characteristics.
Dry-Plate Tintype – Using the modern dry-plate tintype chemistry.
- Film or digital.
- 2 photos per day per user.
- Sepia and toned images are OK, but straight B&W is preferred.
- No comment/favorite threads (violation of this rule can get you booted).
- We encourage threads about technique, equipment, news, philosophy, and virtually anything else remotely related to photography in general.
- Everyone should actively share their knowledge and learn from each other.
Just a few simple rules and we can be one big happy Flickr family!
- Members can post 4 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe