Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionBuilding Tomorrow empowers young people to invest their resources, time & talents in providing access to education for their peers in sub-Saharan Africa.
The Big Picture...
1. Young people bike, sit, stand, run, walk, skip, design, build, shout, rap, tackle, dance, talk… and advocate on behalf of their peers in Uganda and their right to an education; ultimately raising money for a new school.
2. We identify communities in rural Uganda with little or no access to a primary school & a strong commitment to their children’s education.
3. Our team in Uganda issues a challenge grant to the community, covering the cost of construction materials and skilled labor in return for their promise to donate land & volunteer their time to construct the school.
4. Local leaders & parents/family members of future students form an organizing committee to oversee construction and management of the school.
5. The Ugandan Ministry of Education pays for teachers’ salaries & long-term operating costs.
6. Students in Uganda receive a safe, local & permanent school to call their own.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe