|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Happy Blue Beanie Day, people of earth! #bbd4||JeffreyPRO||0||Jeffrey||5 years ago|
Group DescriptionShow your support for Web Standards and Accessibility. Please join us on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 in celebrating the 4th annual Blue Beanie Day (#bbd4). Tuesday, November 30, 2010 is the day thousands of Standardistas (people who support web standards) will wear a Blue Beanie to show their support for accessible, semantic web content.
It's easy to show your support for web design done right. Wear a Blue Beanie and snap a photo. Then, switch your profile picture in Facebook and post your photo to the Blue Beanie Day 2010 group.
Prizes will be given for the best haiku promoting Web Standards and Blue Beanie Day. Winning haikus will receive free books from Peachpit/New Riders (“Voices That Matter”) and A Book Apart. Jeffrey Zeldman has more details about the Haiku Contest. Doug Vos has some helpful hints for haiku authors.
Follow Blue Beanie Day 2010 Festivities on Twitter: @BlueBeanieDay or search #bbd4
Watch a Blue Beanie Day 2009 video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4G2hgioLFk
Join the DWWS Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/dwws
1. Make a personal commitment to fight Web Standards apathy. Show solidarity with the Standardistas.
2. Buy, beg, or borrow a Blue Beanie.
3. Take a photo of yourself (or a cool group photo) wearing the Blue Beanie.
4. Post your photo, or photos to Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, and other social networks by 30-Nov-2010.
5. Tell your friends to get ready for Blue Beanie Day. Start by inviting your Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter friends to this one day virtual event. (Remember to switch your profile photo, too!)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe