Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionShow your support for Web Standards and Accessibility. Please join us on Friday, November 28, 2008 in celebrating the 2nd annual Blue Beanie Day.
Friday, November 28, 2008 is the day thousands of Standardistas (people who support web standards) will wear a Blue Beanie to show their support for accessible, semantic web content.
It's easy and fun to show your support for web design done right. Put on a Blue Beanie and snap a photo. Post it here on Flickr.
Blue Beanie Day 2007 was lots of fun . With your help, Blue Beanie Day 2008 will be a big success!
It's easy to show your support for web design done right. Wear a Blue Beanie and snap a photo. Then on November 28, switch your profile picture in Facebook and post your photo to the Blue Beanie Day group at Flickr.
1. Make a personal commitment to fight Web Standards apathy. Show solidarity with the Standardistas on Friday, November 28th, 2008.
2. Buy, beg, or borrow a Blue Beanie (blue hat or cap, even a black or grey one will do in a pinch.)
3. Take a photo of yourself wearing the Blue Beanie. Or take a cool group photo of you and your friends wearing Blue Beanies.
4. Post your photo, or photos to Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, and other social networks on Friday, November 28th, 2008. Remember to switch your Facebook profile photo that day.
5. Promote Blue Beanie Day in your blog or wiki starting today, and tell all your friends to get ready for Blue Beanie Day. Start by inviting all your Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter friends to this one day virtual event.
see also www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=35743033999
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe