Drag to set position!
Group Since May 9, 2010
Steven Christenson ADMIN September 27, 2013
Greetings. This is meant to be a group showcasing the best star trails shots out there in Flickr space. Usually it is by invitation - but if your shot meets the criteria (see About) and it is of excellent quality - give it a try. If you're not sure if your shot meets the criteria, post it in the "Acceptance/Rejection" discussion below.
|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Acceptance / Rejection||Steven ChristensonPRO||13||Steven ChristensonPRO||11 months ago|
|Welcome...||Steven ChristensonPRO||5||Steven ChristensonPRO||5 years ago|
|Any tips? Possible acceptance?||j_gar14||1||Steven ChristensonPRO||6 years ago|
Group DescriptionThis group is for collecting the best star trails. "Best" by my definition means that the photo:
1) Your photo must be of a star trail, generally at least 20 minutes total time. Single shot or stacked shots are fine. Shots that aren't primarily star trails will be rejected. We love the Milky Way, astronomical phenomenon, etc... but that's not what this group is for.
2) Your photo should not appear in more than about 18 groups. If you've posted it to more than about 18 group we will reject it. We don't want this to be a dumping ground for photos.*
3) We appreciate it if you provide exposure data - though that is optional. As well as some general information about where the shot was taken.
4) Your shot should be naturally colored - as natural as night photography can be and not a composite of shots from different angles or camera views. Trust me, we'll know if you have a star trail that is inconsistent with the location it was taken from.
5) Creativity and clarity are highly desired. A same-as-everybody else shot will be rejected unless it's clearly superior.
6) Star trail shots where all you see or nearly all you see is the star trail are generally not accepted unless they are somehow unusual.
7) An interesting foreground is a must have, and that foreground should be lit or clearly silhouetted.
This pool is moderated - rejected submissions will not appear and rejection may be without comment. Acceptance is based on adherence to the rules and the judgment of the reviewer(s).
PHOTOS only. Family friendly, office friendly.
*We generally do not go back and delete photos that appear in more than 18 groups. If you really want to be in this group post it before you put it in many groups and wait for us to approve it. You can put your photo in as many sets and galleries as you like.
Group RulesPlease see the "About" page. Before posting to the group, take a look at what's already here. Featureless shots of star trails will be rejected. Creativity encouraged.
- Members can post 2 things to the pool each week.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe