Eija. ADMIN December 14, 2008
Please, see below few of my personal favorites from the group.
|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Terrible beauty and sublime ugliness...||Alex.Tango.Fuego||1||Eija.||10 years ago|
Group DescriptionThis group is about strange or apparent beauty on issues or in things that's essence is not beautiful, but on the contrary. Or pictures that combine beauty and something harmful or sad. It is about paradoxes and metaphors. So the word 'calamity' is not supposed to take literally as disaster - ' beautiful' on the other hand has to be there.
The group was inspired by the work of seasoned photographer Hannes Heikura, the winner of Fotofinlandia 2008 and his winning series "Beauty and Death" back then.
By the way, I found myself pondering a philosophical dilemma about the opposite paradox. Can there be any ugliness on issues or in things that's essence is beautiful? I doubt.
PLEASE INCLUDE IN COMMENTS
Seen in <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/955826@N23//">Beauty and Calamity</a>
AND YOU MAY INVITE PHOTOGRAPHS WITH THIS LINK
I enjoy your photograph. Please, consider adding it to <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/955826@N23//">Beauty and Calamity </a>
FEW ADMINS FAVES:
Group Rules1. Play safe and nice.
2. No pornographic nudity, no violence.
3. Please, mind the quality of your pictures.
4. You acknowledge that you share just such pictures which does not hurt the rights or feelings of the people in the picture.
5. Just photographs, no videos or paintings.
6. You have the copyright of the picture you share.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 2 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe