This group discussion is for members only.
Group DescriptionThis is the official Flickr account for EPA’s 2012 ENERGY STAR National Building Competition: Battle of the Buildings. The competitors in the Battle of the Buildings are a remarkable group of driven, dedicated commercial building teams in a national race to reduce energy and water use. See how they’re saving energy and water and get inspired! Learn more at www.energystar.gov/battleofthebuildings
ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
Group RulesThis group is available to participants of EPA’s 2012 ENERGY STAR National Building Competition: Battle of the Buildings.
You can be a citizen of any country, living anywhere. As long as you're 18 or older, you're welcome to enter photos on behalf of the contestants. If you're younger than 18, please ask a parent, guardian, or project mentor to enter your photo.
Feel free to submit photos that:
• were taken anywhere as long as they are related to your participation in the 2012 ENERGY STAR National Building Competition.
• are color, black and white, or partially desaturated photos.
• have been edited however you like.
• include a border (not required, though).
• are current.
• are composite photos, where you combine more than one photo into what looks like a single image.
• have been published or used elsewhere.
Do not enter photos that:
• you didn't take or for which someone else owns the copyright.
• just show someone else's copyrighted work (for example, a photo of a painting).
• serve mainly to advertise a product.
• show nudity, drugs, violence, symbols or acts of hatred.
• are illegal or prohibited.
• violate Flickr's community guidelines.
By entering your photos, you agree to all of the above. We reserve the right to remove photos for any reason; we’ll remove inappropriate photos from the pool, but they’ll remain visible in your account.
By submitting photos, you give the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) permission to use them for non-profit governmental purposes, including but not limited to environmental education and awareness. This permission includes, but is not limited to, publication by EPA in printed materials, television broadcasts, Web sites, or our intranet. You will not be compensated for such use. However, where possible, we will give you credit for the photos.
* NOTE, please check your privacy settings when submitting a photo. If you would like everyone to see what you're submitting, then be sure to make that change on that particular photo. Otherwise, if your photo remains private, only the members of the group will be able to see it. Thanks and we can't wait to see what you submit!
- Members can post 20 things to the pool.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe