- Get Pro
Group DescriptionThe Ancient World Image Bank is a collaborative effort to distribute and encourage the sharing of free digital imagery for the study of the ancient world. New York University's Institute for the Study of the Ancient World started AWIB by distributing imagery donated by its faculty, staff, and students via Flickr under a Creative Commons Attribution (cc-by) license. You can view and download those images via the isawnyu flickr account.
We now welcome everyone interested in improving the free availability of ancient world imagery to join us by adding their photos to this Ancient World Image Bank Flickr Group. Our only requirements are that the images be of sites and artifacts from the Ancient World, that you have the legal right to redistribute them, and that you do so under the terms of a Creative Commons license (preferably cc-by).
If you submit photos that do not meet the guidelines and rules you will be informed of the issue and your photo submission will be denied. You are welcome to submit them again with the necessary changes.
Group Rules1. Please only images of the Ancient World.
2. We ask that you give some accurate information about the subject of your photo.
3. Your photos must be shared under a Creative Commons license, preferably Creative Commons Attribution.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 100 things to the pool each week.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe