|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|Come to the Austin Music Map launch party!! Saturday, 11/10, at the ND!||delaneyaphPRO||1||austinmodhouse||3 years ago|
|Hello! (Plus some background and some legalese...)||delaneyaphPRO||0||delaneyaph||3 years ago|
Group DescriptionThe Austin Music Map is a public media experiment brought to you by KUT Austin and Localore—a national initiative of the Association of Independents in Radio (AIR).
We're exploring Austin's diverse sonic geography, creating portraits of the city's most interesting musical spaces. We're interested in the dive bars and dance halls, garages and churches, backyards and community centers where musical communities gather.
Anyone can contribute to this project by submitting photos of musical spaces—formal and informal alike—within the city of Austin. Visit the Austin Music Map website to find out more about the project and to see what footage we've collected already.
When you submit, please tag all your photos with the following words:
- the name of the venue (if it has one) where you took the photo (e.g. "Longbranch Inn")
- the neighborhood where you took the photo (all one word, e.g. "South Austin")
- the zipcode where you took the photo (e.g. 78702)
- any words you feel describe the image (e.g. people, dancing, dive, neon)
- the kind of music you heard there (e.g. punk, tejano, hiphop, rock, blues, country)
- the name(s) of the musicians/bands/audience members in the image.
Also, please make sure your photos are set to be publicly searchable. We're fans of Creative Commons—so if you are too, set your licenses for Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike.
By joining this Flickr group and tagging your photos with “austinmusicmap” you are consenting to have the content that you upload and/or “tag” to this group (the “Content”) displayed on austinmusicmap.com and/or otherwise used by the Austin Music Map as follows:
• Subject to the terms set forth herein, you retain all intellectual property rights associated with the submitted materials to the extent that you have the rights under the applicable law. In other words, the rights that are granted to the Austin Music Map do not prevent you from exercising the rights that you already have in the Content.
• If you have licensed the Content under a Creative Commons license, Austin Music Map will act in accordance with the terms of that license.
• If you have not licensed the Content under a Creative Commons license, you hereby grant and assign to Austin Music Map a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reuse, publish, modify, reproduce, index, display, distribute, transmit, parse, perform, translate into any language, convert into speech, make derivative works, make compilations, and/or sell the Content in connection with any and all goods and/or services offered by Austin Music Map. Austin Music Map reserves the right to retain archived copies of all Content, including but not limited to, Content you remove from third-party sites. You represent and warrant that you alone are responsible for the Content, and agree to indemnify, defend, save, and hold harmless Austin Music Map. You hereby certify that you own or have obtained all of the necessary licenses, intellectual property rights, and permissions in order to post the Content (including but not limited to copyrights). Austin Music Map agrees not to use the Content for commercial purposes without first requesting your permission.
The Austin Music Map is produced by Delaney Hall is collaboration with Zeega and Localore. Financial support for the project comes from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the Wyncote Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
To learn more about the project:
- Visit our website, www.austinmusicmap.com
- Like us on Facebook Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter Twitter
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe