navarzo21 ADMIN March 10, 2015
Note: There is no moderating/approval/vetting process for sharing pictures in this group. Providing your pics relate to legit Australian railway EMD/GM locomotive subjects they're welcome here and will not be scrutinised or 'quality controlled' to make sure they 'conform to standards'. Every pic captures a piece of history - that moment in space/time never (theoretically!) repeats!
Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionAlongside Alco, the other main player in the diesel locomotive market has been EMD - aka the Electro-Motive Division of General Motors Corp.
This group is specifically for pics of all Australian EMD locos, including those used in the Pilbara.
No soliciting/advertising please. No videos - the group is photos only. This is a public, safe, group. There is no approval/moderating/vetting/security-clearance (!) process for pictures. This group is strictly apolitical/areligious and accepts all brands of political and/or religious conviction.
If you can, please geotag your pics and provide a bit of a description so people unfamiliar with the setting, location, etc. can understand them better. But it's not essential, and pics won't be removed because they don't have location tagging or a massive description attached! A lot of phones and some digital cameras now have GPS built in and can geo-tag pics, so that's quite a handy feature.
Bring some Rail to the Page! Get into the Zone and share your Rail Pictures so they can be Digested and Illustrated with a Powerful Motive and Catchy Point! 8-) Or something like that. lol
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DOES THIS GROUP OR THE OWNER OF THIS GROUP CONDONE TRESSPASSING OR ACCESSING RAILWAY OR OTHER PRIVATE PROPERTY WITHOUT PROPER AUTHORISATION FOR TAKING PICTURES. We all want to stay safe, and do things to respect the rights of railway operators. This is especially important at incidents - unless you have a valid reason to be there stay out of the way of people who are doing their jobs.
Group Rules- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DOES THIS GROUP OR THE OWNER OF THIS GROUP CONDONE TRESSPASSING OR ACCESSING RAILWAY OR OTHER PRIVATE PROPERTY WITHOUT PROPER AUTHORISATION FOR TAKING PICTURES. We all want to stay safe, and do things to respect the rights of railway operators.
- If you are asked to not take pictures, or to cease taking pictures, by anyone offering proper identification (including security personal, police, etc.), you MUST do so until proper permission is obtained.
- Please only upload photos in standard image formats that Flickr supports to this group.
- Please only share/submitphotos relating to Australian railways.
- You shall not engage in any abuse or discrimination about any member's religious or political beliefs.
- Any photos you share are deemed to be your pictures and you alone have all rights in related to re-distribution of your images outside of this group.
- No soliciting/advertising permitted. You shall not under any circumstances exercise any commercial gain through sharing your own personal images in this group.
These rules may be ammended at any time. They are intended to make the group safe and fair for everyone to enjoy.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe