Asia Society ADMIN February 24, 2010
Everyone take a look at the discussions below and see our winners! Thank you to everyone who participated! Happy 2010!
|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|WINNER! Click here to see!||Asia SocietyPRO||2||beambang||7 years ago|
|2nd and 3rd Prize Winners!||Asia SocietyPRO||1||Azmi Bogart||7 years ago|
|Honorable Mentions||Asia SocietyPRO||0||Asia Society||7 years ago|
|Welcome and thanks for participating!||Asia SocietyPRO||1||nebulous 1PRO||7 years ago|
Group DescriptionWelcome, 2010! From the ball drop in New York City to the traditional Chinese red money-stuffed envelopes, we see a spectacle of New Year celebrations from all around the world. In this Asia Society Flickr photo contest, we take a closer look at New Year celebrations in Asian culture.
Whether it's praying, eating, or playing, share photos that capture your favorite New Year activity! Photos do NOT have to be taken in Asia; we welcome submissions that reflect Asian New Year's celebrations from anywhere in the world.
Share your photos now! And check this group regularly to see other photos of festive New Year celebrations. Selected photos will be featured on www.asiasociety.org.
1. Please submit no more than 3 photos that display an Asian New Year's celebration. Remember, photos DO NOT have to be taken in Asia to qualify, and you can submit photos from previous New Year celebrations. Photos may be of anything related to an Asian celebration of New Year -- decorations, food, people, traditions, etc.
2. Your photo(s) must be from this decade; no photography taken before the year 2000. Photos taken in 2010 allowed.
3. The group opens on December 22, 2009, and will close on February 21, 2010 (midnight, EST).
4. Photos should not heavily rely on post-production techniques.
5. Photos that you submit must be your own work and submitted by you. We will only accept original work that does not infringe upon the rights of any third parties.
6. By adding your photo to the Asia Society's Asia Welcomes 2010 Flickr group pool and tagging it “asiasociety2010”, you authorize the Asia Society to not use any or use all entered photographs, and to use your name as the creator of the entry.
7. Photos should be accompanied by captions, including locations and dates photos were taken.
How to Participate
1. Join Asia Welcomes 2010, an Asia Society Flickr Group—and add your photo(s).
2. Make your photos public; set the privacy on your photo to Anyone (Public).
3. Tag each photo with "asiasociety2010".
4. Upload the highest-resolution image as possible; images may be featured on AsiaSociety.org and a hi-res image ensures the best quality.
5. If you have any questions about how to join Flickr (it's free!) or to tag your photos, see Flickr's FAQs page.
How it Works
1. The group pool will be moderated daily by the Asia Society.
2. The Asia Society reserves the sole discretion over the selection of, and the decision not to select, any photo for the group pool.
3. A panel of judges from the Asia Society will review the photo submissions on February 21, 2010 and select three winners eligible for the following prizes:
- the winning photos featured on AsiaSociety.org
- free membership to the Asia Society which entitles you to unlimited free admission to the Asia Society Museum, special access and discounted admission to all our programs, invitations to members-only events, discounts at our AsiaStore and Garden Court Cafe.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe