Group DescriptionWhen you are active you feel better and perform better in all areas of your life. For this reason, Ashland Ashland - Rec Center 4has declared war on the sedentary lifestyle by providing a full complement of ways for you to get up and get moving. It all starts with Recreational Services. It doesn’t matter if you are athletic or not, there are fun physical activities for everyone. We offer:
* An award-winning intramural program featuring 20 different sports;
* 14 Sports Clubs that require less commitment than our NCAA athletic program but still provide intense intercollegiate competition. More than 250 students participate in Sports Clubs at Ashland;
* Group fitness classes such as aerobics, spinning and other fun group exercises that get your heart pumping and your muscles working;
* Aquatics — take the plunge and learn to swim or swim laps, dive or take Lifeguard Certification Classes;
* Indoor running track, golf simulator, game room, racquetball courts, tennis, basketball court and climbing wall;
* Massage and personal trainer sessions;
* Health and wellness training and incentive programs;
* PPOW — Peers Promoting Organized Wellness (PPOW) is a student led group that promotes a healthy lifestyle through evening wellness programs;
* Outdoor activities such as a paintball trip, hiking treks and other fun in the great outdoors.
The Rec Center is the social hub of the university, open to everyone in our Ashland university community including all students and their families, staff and their families and alumni. In addition to the many opportunities for physical activity available through Recreational Services, you can also rent a movie at the Rec Center, play video games or play a few hands of Texas hold ‘em. There’s something for everyone. All it takes is contacting Recreational Services to get in on the fun.
Group RulesOnly those who have been designated as moderators for the website will be given moderator rights within
Flickr. A group moderator can:
1. Approve or remove photos from the group’s pool
2. Moderate group discussions
3. Remove or ban members
While it is not necessary to meet the technical requirements as stated in the photo policy, the Marketing Communications Department and Web Services caution users as to the subject matter and content within photos posted to their Flickr groups. If photos displaying derogatory subject matter are added to the Ashland University photostream, those photos will be removed and user permissions revoked. If discussions are left un-moderated and derogatory language is displayed, the user permissions will be revoked. To obtain a group on the Ashland University photostream, you must be an official department or organization directly affiliated with the campus. In addition to following provisions set forth by Ashland University, all users must comply with the Flickr Community Guidelines. It is also important to remember Ashland University’s policy on sharing passwords. If at any time it is discovered Flickr moderators are sharing their account password with other users, permissions will be revoked from all parties involved.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe