Group DescriptionUsing Apple’s Aperture software.
Think of Aperture as “Final Cut Pro” for photographers. See that green cast? That’s the envy in the PC World. Nothing a little eyedropper tool in Aperture and Core Image won’t fix.
The current version of Aperture is 3.1. Aperture 3.0 retails for $199. Remember, that there is an education price of $149. Upgrades from Aperture 2.0 are $99
List of supported RAW file formats.
Click here to report bugs and feature requests to Apple.
List of supported computers. (discussion)
Version and features:
- performance enhancements
- support for multiple flickr/facebook accounts, sync exising albums, post to stream/wall, etc. in iLife '11
- tags now show counts
- photos now show shares
- bug fixes
- bug fixes
- 64-bit for Snow Leopard
- support for video and audio asset management
- library switching, syncing and sharing
- labels and flags
- xmp sidecar support
- face recognition and places (GPS)
- facebook and flickr integration
- improved presets, brushes, slideshow, full screen, printing…
- more raw support + more
- editing plugin architecture
- dodge and burn "sample" plugin
- new interface
- performance improvements
- improved RAW
- 100 new features
- Export plugin support!
- referenced master support (instead of managed)
- image previews
- drag and drop JPEG export
- improved metadata export
- enhanced loupe
- improved adjustment presets (including saving RAW fine tuning)
- new color controls
- new Edge Sharpening controls
- improved Lift & Stamp HUD
- Autofill List Editor
- Enhanced AppleScript support
- improvements in RAW processing
- a new RAW workflow
- universal binary (Intel) support
- lower prices with rebates for existing users.
- FlickrExport for Aperture (there is also a free version, Aperture 3 compatibility, 64-bit compatibility)
- BorderFx >64-bit compatibility (free/donationware)
- nik plugins (DFine, Viveza, Color Efex Pro, Silver Efex Pro, and Sharpener Pro)
- Maperture (free) and Maperture Pro
- Catapult allows using an external RAW converter (like Nikon Capture or DxO Optics Pro) with Aperture.
- Topaz Fusion Express allows you to access Topaz plugins from Aperture
- Photomatix Pro (Aperture 3 compat)
- Noise Ninja denoising tool
- Human Software Plugins
- (send the admins a message to add your tool)
- Web Resources
- Cheat sheets
- Tethered shooting in Aperture 2
- Geocoding in Aperture (also see Maperture above)
- HDR and Aperture
- Working with black and white
- screencast tutorials
- Before/After Aperture samples.
- How to fix finniky Aperture behavior.
Thanks somonevitale for the group icon.
- Members can post 10 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe