graphicgreg ADMIN October 10, 2016
IMPORTANT! Next week will be the last photo of the week in the pool to be considered for the "best of" feature article in the December issue of ORCHIDS magazine. Anything submitted after that date will go into the 2017 pool.
All orchid hobbyists and photographers are invited to submit digital images for consideration as the "Photo of the Week" to be featured on the homepage of the American Orchid Society website. You do not need to be an AOS member. The following guidelines must be followed in order to make the process smooth and efficient. DO NOT mail or email photos to the AOS! They will be discarded and will not be considered.
* Submit only photos taken by you. Do not submit someone else's photograph unless they have assigned legal copyright for you to do so and you have written documentation to prove so.
* Tagging photos POTW will allow moderators to search photos for consideration as the AOS Photo of the Week. NOTE: submitting images to the Flickr group Orchid Photo of the Week constitutes permission for the AOS to publish such images on its website and link to these images in the group pool. Photo credit and copyright will accompany publication but no further remuneration is offered or implied.
* Photos should be accompanied by a short descriptive text. Fifty words is ideal. The text may be about the orchid: where you photographed it; where you got it if it is yours; how you grow it; interesting characteristics such as fragrance or lasting qualities. Or tell us about your photographic or post processing techniques. Photos with inspired text will be given preference.
* High resolution image files of at least 2000x3000 pixels must be available for possible print publication.
While it is a photo of the week, ideally it should in some way be educational. You don't need to write a novella...just some sort of caption please!
Group RulesBy joining AOS Photo of the Week you agree to...
Submit only photos taken by you, that you own legal copyright to
Submitting photos to this group constitutes permission for the AOS to publish said photos on its website
Submit only photos of orchids
Maintain civil behavior
NO pornography or nudes!!!
FIVE photos per week limit
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 5 things to the pool each week.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe