Drag to set position!
Group Since April 20, 2006
TomBrooklyn ADMIN May 13, 2012
Watch for flooders. Watch for non-raters.
Remind them and/or report them.
Watch for flooders. Watch for non-raters.
Remind them and/or report them.
Group DescriptionGet five ratings on your amazing photo, or five amazing ratings on your photo. Score the first five photos in the pool on a scale of 1 - 100, using the Official Rating Code (OSC) immediately below. Preferably, include some critique explaining some of the most salient points on how you arrived at your score. Then submit a photos to be scored by the next five submitters.
Official Rating Code -------- copy and paste below ----
From <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/amazingphotos/"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2766/4078096834_611941af81_o.png"/></a> Rating: __ / 100
Official Rating Code -------- copy and paste above ----
We recommend familiarization with the following guidelines:
[Official] How to Score a Photo, and
[Official] Critique Guidelines
You may use this group to hone your photographic eye through thoughtful evaluation of other photographers photos, and practice expressing those thoughts clearly, specifically, comprehensively, and empatheticly.
We recommend you view the photos your rating in the Slideshow or Lightbox (in Slideshow, ensure Embiggen is off) on a calibrated monitor.
Ensure you are familiar with the Complete Rules of the group here.
other important discussion threads
Welcome: Introduce Yourself.
[Official] To Post Questions
[Official] To Make Suggestions
[Official] Rules Violation Thread
[Official] Missing Rating Thread
GOLD Gallery 90-100 Points
SILVER Gallery 80-90 Points
BRONZE Gallery 70-80 Points
Gold Star Commenter
Especially Helpful Comment Thank-you Star:
You may comment with the below code to any rater whose comments you find particularly insightful or helpful.
Code for Star: <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/amazingphotos/discuss/72157594146251336"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4098140857_bfba8052cc_o.png" /></a>
5 Star Commenters
Each member is also responsible to be and stay familiar with the group procedures as outlined in The Rules. Any questions may be submitted to the [Official] Group Questions thread.
Steve9091 Group Founder. Retired.
Magic Martin (UK, GMT) - Admin, Reserve
TomBrooklyn (NYC, GMT-5) - Admin, Operations
Dips in the graph generally indicate where non-raters have
been excused and their photos removed from the group.
... ... ... ... ... ... www.flickr.com/groups/blackwhiterate
Code for Non-Raters
<img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2616/3890460820_591807a245_o.jpg" /></a> <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/Life-Thru-A-Lenz/"><img src="https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1343/1233763677_bbe97c0032_o.jpg" /></a> <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/one_word_comment"> <b>1 Word Comment</b> </a> <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/constructivescores"><img src="https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4019/4230000168_3c90f8f498_o.png" /></a> <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/amazingphotos/"> <img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2766/4078096834_611941af81_o.png" /></a>
<a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/scoremeindetail"><img src="https://farm1.static.flickr.com/96/255018308_9c29aa9afa.jpg" /></a> ... <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/highscoreme"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2585/3867043698_54e6ba3ffa_o.jpg" /></a> ... <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/howcrapismypicture"> <img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2654/3997244012_e5db969d31_o.jpg" /></a> ... <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/ratemylandscape/"><img src="https://farm1.static.flickr.com/169/buddyicons/311281@N25.jpg?1182683087" /></a> <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/ratemyphoto/"><img src="https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1148/1240862279_4dad994b21_o.jpg" /></a> <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/score"><img src="https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6176/6159904908_065be1ffb7_o.jpg" /> ... <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/65545620@N00/"><img src="https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2116/2180610072_252ccab957_o.jpg" /></a> ... <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/ratemyamateurphotography/"><img src="https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6212/6235112831_78fe961792_o.png" /></a> ... <a href="https://www.flickr.com/groups/blackwhiterate">www.flickr.com/groups/blackwhiterate</a></a>
Group RulesQUICK START
1. Rate, and optionally critique, the first five photos in the pool using the Official Rating Code found prominently displayed on the front page; then submit one photo. Ensure the five photos immediately prior to yours are rated by you, except for the photos from non raters (See rule 3) Utilize the Critique Guidelines for your comment.
2. Allow at least five photos to post after yours before posting again.
3. If you observe them, don't rate photos from a non-rater. Skip it and rate an extra photo after it. Preferably, comment to that person why you didn't rate their photo. You may use the group code, leaving the rate space blank, and commenting that you "refuse to rate non-raters."
4. Failure to rate or comment in accordance with the Comment Guidelines, or violation of any other rule, may result in the citation and/or removal of your photo(s.) In the event or an inadvertent or unintentional vioation, rate five photos in the Missing Rating Thread (MRT) for each violation. To have a ban removed, rate an additional 10. For intentional violations, rate 10 per violation. After restitution scoring, advise the citing staff via flickrmail for verification, letter of satisfaction, and clearance to resubmit.
6. This is an adult group. Tasteful, artistic nudes or implied nudes is allowed. Tawdry, voyeristic type photos, or pornography is not. Photos with profane titles are subject to removal.
8. Photos from non raters may be removed, resulting in the lose of your rating if you rated the non rater's photo. Ensure the five photos prior to yours have your rating, particularly upon request from the member or staff.
10. Do not remove your photo or any rating you've received before it reaches page two. Doing so makes it look like someone else didn't rate. If you feel a comment is inappropriate, contact a mod or admin.
11. Comments are to be written in English. They may be written in another language if accompanied by an English translation. (google translate etc.)
12. not used
13. Don't block other members. If an issue arises with another member, you may contact a mod or admin for assistance to resolve it.
14. Don't block moderators or administrators.
15. Don't advertise, pimp, or spam with your rating. (No commercial or personal ads or links in your comment.)
17. Members must know all the rules, and be familiar with all [Official] Discussion Threads, the information on the front page, and anything in the Admin's Blast Box at the time they post a photo.
18. Photographers may request a scorer to elaborate on their comment or provide a detailed critique justifying the score they gave. Scorers are to promptly make their best effort to thoughtfully address any such request.
Important Note: failure to score and comment can result in removal of your photos or revocation of membership.
THANK YOU for your interest in Rate and Comment: Amazing Photos. Questions, comments or suggestions may be posted in Discussion Threads set up for that purpose or directed to the staff listed on the front page.
Enjoy and good shooting!
- Members can post 1 thing to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe, Moderate