Group DescriptionFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
"Cobblestones are stones used in the pavement of early streets. Smooth stones were usually taken from riverbeds and cobbled (roughly assembled). They are typically either set in sand or similar material, or are bound together with mortar. Paving with cobblestones allows a road to be heavily used all year long. It prevents the buildup of ruts often found in dirt roads. It has the additional benefical advantage of not getting muddy in wet weather and dusty in dry weather. A disadvantage is that when compared with modern surfaces, cobblestone paving is quite loud with carriage wheels, horse hooves and modern automobiles."
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS AND RULES!!
Welcome to Cobblestones Streets Around The World!!!
This is a group where images are posted by invitation only, so please only post an image if you see the following comments::
You are invited to post this image to "Cobblestones Streets Around The World".
1) Only post the image that is invited to be posted to this group
2) Please add the tag 'CobblestonesStreets' to your image
3) Please state the location of the street - country, city, whatever< - if not already stated by tags.
4) Please invite others to join and post in the group that have images you think are of beautiful cobblestones streets by copying and pasting the following in their comments section:
You are invited to post this image to "Cobblestones Streets Around The World"
Please read the instructions.
Please note that uninvited and/or inappropriate images will be removed from the pool.
Our goal is gathering together some of the most spectacular and beautiful Cobblestones Streets images displayed on the Flickr website and in the process making the photographer feel 'special' seeing that their work in another's opinion is admired enough for a special invitation!
We would also ask that there be no nudity, too many people, or buildings in the invited images. The main subject of the picture has to be a Cobblestones Street!
We hope that you enjoy posting, viewing and inviting others here! Have fun !!!
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe