phlegmmy ADMIN March 12, 2016
One of the advantages of this group is that you get to take a look at what others are reading and how they are liking it. Any photos of books that are not part of a members count challenge will be removed, as will all non-book photos, or photos that involve the advertising or selling of a book. This group is for individuals who wish to challenge themselves to read a certain number of books in a year and share those books with other members.
Group DescriptionThe concept of the group is to read 25 books by the end of 2016.
The 25 Book Challenge is a way to track and share the books you have read throughout the year. I chose 25 because sometimes our busy lives get in the way and being able to read 1 book a week is sometimes impossible. With the 25 book challenge you can read at a slower pace. If you want to set your goal at a higher number that is not a problem at all. Just remember that some us will be going at a slower pace.
Please be sure to add a photo of the book you are reading or just finished reading. Last year I only allowed 1 photo per week. For this year I am allowing no limit to the photos. If you read 5 books in one week then you can post 5 photo's. Just remember that when you do post a photo of the book please be sure to add what you like about it, what you don't like about it, your favorite parts, whether you plan on reading anything else from that particular author..etc.
I hate using the word "RULES" because the word sounds so stuffy and final.
1. Someone mentioned to me about making comments mandatory. I really don't feel that we need to do this at this point because I have seen a tremendous amount of comments that have been made by many of the group members. I know this for a fact because I do comment on every photo that comes into the group. It may take me a few days to get to you, but I will. If I start to come across no discussion or lack of comments on each other’s photo's I will have to make it mandatory. You don't have to leave a novel but a nice word or two will suffice. One of the main objectives of the group is about discussion.
2. 25 is just a number I came up with. If you want to set your goal at a higher or lower number feel free to do so. IF anyone comes along to judge you on it they will be removed from the group. I have zero tolerance for people who act like jackasses.
3. Starting and opening topics can be done by anyone. If you have an idea for a discussion you are more than welcome to open one. In fact I encourage it. The sky is the limit. Some have mentioned submitting more than 1 photo per week. Starting a discussion with that extra photo is something you can do. In fact if you want to start a thread called extra photo's you are more than welcome. This is your group also. With that everyone..Happy reading!
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe