Indiewench ADMIN February 1, 2019
The Group Rules are on this page. Scroll down to see them. New members must agree to these rules before joining. Photos that do not meet the specifications set out by these rules will simply be removed from the group. Read the rules before posting. If your picture has been removed from the group DO NOT put it back. I am going to remove from membership anyone who does.
Group DescriptionAll kinds of Buildings... old, new, wood, stone, hay, grass, design, factories, houses, flats, lighthouse, etc... BUILDINGS
Group RulesMake it interesting!
- No cityscapes (urbanscapes), or streets unless a particular building is prominently featured in the composition. Industrialscapes not ok.
- No dark, murky sunset or night photos.
- Stadia/arenas are very boring unless very old.
- No sculptures, doorknobs and windows, street lamps, etc. - those are a still life. Unless composition has strong architectural value.
- We can safely rule out pictures of barns and houses in a field or farm as landscape, unless the composition highlights something architecturally interesting. No grain silos.
- No photos of rot or decay. Abandoned old ruins (Greek or Roman) are ok.
- Street photographs of random people walking with a building in the background - only if it is obvious the architectural element is a major part of the composition and the humans are just there to give a sense of scale.
- Bridges are OK. Piers are bridge-like. Windmills. Lighthouses.
- No marinas or boats.
- No carnivals or carnival rides.
- Interior images are fine as architecture is boring without good interiors - they complement one another and architects spend more time working on the insides of a building than the facade.
However if you represent a kitchen design company and spam your designs in various groups you will be blocked.
- No statuary or monuments/memorials. The Eiffel Tower is not a building! Neither is The London Eye. The Brandenburg Gate is just another gate.
- No graveyards unless the photo includes the church.
- Mausoleums and the pyramids are tombs.
- No birds, flowers, parks and the like. Or gazebos/pergola.
- Open-air marketplaces with goods on display and no buildings in sight are not ok.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 1 thing to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe