Myrwin April 16, 2010
This group is for high-quality, minimally edited images; not snapshots. It is not a dumping ground. Please read the Group Description (below) and Group Rules before submitting anything to the pool.
Group DescriptionImages in the Candid Portraits Only pool must be approved by an Administrator. Please read the Rules (link at right) and browse the pool to see what we're looking for.
We look for the highest quality images of everyday people, images of excellent composition and technical execution. No snapshots. Members will be banned for repeatedly submitting images which are not suitable for the group.
Now, go read the rules!
Group RulesHere are some guidelines to ensure that your image is accepted into the pool.
1. Only the highest quality of image is accepted, that's why we're called Candid Portraits Only. The image should be one that would be worthy of a frame, hanging in a public gallery.
2. The subject must be an individual person. No pets or babies, farm animals or objects. No groups.
3. No heavy processing with Photoshop or other image-editing software. If it's obviously Photoshopped, it won't be accepted.
4. Watch your background. A background that takes the attention away from the subject is a common reason that prevents an image being accepted into the pool.
5. Watch your lighting. The subject should be in enough light to distinguish features, with minimal or no blow-outs of highlights because the flash was too close or the sun too bright.
6. Because we're Candid Portraits Only, your subject shouldn't be a professional model posed on a stage or set.
7. The subject should be the person, not the activity the person is doing. In other words, someone talking on a cel phone is a picture of not exclusively the person, but of the person talking on the phone.
8. If you have any questions, feel free to message me or post in our Discussion area.
- Members can post 1 thing to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe