- Get Pro
Group Since Aug 7, 2007
Drag to set position!
Images by A.J. ADMIN July 29, 2012
*** NOTE: If I cannot see the railroader in the thumbnail, the image probably is not going into the pool. The railroader has to be the main subject or focus of the shot--the feature that makes the image interesting.
Group DescriptionPhotos in this group MUST contain at least one visible railroader at work.
This group is for high quality images of men and women working the railroad. There are dozens of groups celebrating railroad equipment; however, it is hard-working people who move freight, safely and efficiently, day and night, hot or cold, rain or shine. There would be no railroads without railroaders. America's economy would grind to a halt in mere days if there were no railroaders.
So, please post your best photos of conductors, engineers, yard foremen, hostlers, fuelers, track gangs, trainmen, firemen, flagmen, switchmen, brakemen, firemen, signalmen, carmen, and anyone else who is out there, along the line of road or in the yard, gettin' it done.
Photos MUST contain a person working on the railroad. The railroader(s) should be the subject. Trains and other rail equipment should be secondary or background. The person (or people) should be a major element of your image. Merely being able to see an engineer or conductor in the cab is not sufficient. The railroader(s) must be central to the image, not incidental.
Please include a brief narrative to go along with your photo...just a sentence or two to help us appreciate what the railroaders in your photo are doing.
Stay safe out there!
Group Rules- Please post only high-quality, publication-quality images. Emphasis should be on quality, not quantity.
- Please make sure your photo depicts a person working on the railroad. The person (or people) should be a major element of your image. Merely being able to see an engineer or conductor in the cab is not sufficient. The railroader(s) must be central to the image, not incidental.
- Please also endeaver to respect the privacy and anonymity of the railroaders your are photographing. Not many of us would appreciate people coming to our respective places of work, taking photos of us, and posting them on the web. Do not post any photos that would embarrass the subject, or place that subject in an awkward position. Please see the group discussion thread for more on this topic.
- Please post only images you created and hold the copyright to.
- Images that do not conform to the spirit of this group will be removed from the pool.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 5 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe