Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionThe spontaneous portraiture of a completely unknown person.
1) Approach a Perfect Stranger (i.e. with whom you’ve ZERO previous acquaintance!)
2) Ask to take their portrait, then and there
Simply in theory, occasionally impossible in practice.
This exercise encourages & develops :
• working with a very limited amount of time. Your subject will have other things to do and could be in a hurry - you won’t have time to be second-guessing your camera settings.
• confidence in selling yourself as a photographer (without the subject ever having seen your work)
• communication skills, especially with language barrier
• cultural & age awareness, i.e. your ability to connect with a subject on their level
Most importantly, it’s a great way of meeting a wide variety of people, each of which you’ll learn a little something new from. A beautiful thing in itself.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe