|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|'Wow!||Kalinago English||1||marydimonaco||5 years ago|
|Idiom collaboration, creative minds!||smilin7hPRO||2||mikecoghPRO||6 years ago|
Group DescriptionThis group is about providing graphical representations of English language idioms. Though it is envisaged that the primary purpose of the group will to be to post images that assist English as a Second or Other Language (ESOL) teachers and learners, it will be of use to anyone studying the English language, or to the community at large.
Because a great many idioms are figurative in nature it is often not possible to represent them in a photo literally. However, we hope that images in this pool will assist learners of English by providing images they can associate with particular idioms, and hence aid their abilty to remember them.
Entries need to include:
1) the relevant idiom as the title of the image
2) a definition, and example of the idiom in use in the description field (If you use a definition from somewhere else on the web please provide the URL of where you got the defintion.)
3) The word 'idiom' (and perhaps the idiom itself) as a tag
4) All images should be licensed as Creative Commons
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe